PDA

View Full Version : White spots on car after rain

roverguy
08-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi:

Own a `82 911 that had a respray by previous owner a number of years ago. Some oxidation so I did the car by hand with the Klasse cleaner and sealer.

Car came out really nice.

I have not been able to keep car in garage for the last month and recently we had a couple of days of heavy rain. Car sat in the sun after the rain as I was at work.

Now I have a bunch of white circle spots, mostly on hood and roof about an eight to quarter of an inch that don`t look like water spots. Sort of looks like white hazes under the wax. Don`t seem to rub off with water and my finger.

Have not taken it any further.

Any suggestions?

p.s. car was clear coated when paint re done 10 or so years ago.

Thanks

Lotuseffect
08-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Post pictures if you can. It could be minerals left behind by the rain, could be dust nibs from the respray, could be lots if things. Post pics if possible.

Brad B
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes, the spots should come off with a wash. Use car wash soap. You might try a quick detailer as well. As mentioned, minerals and debris dry at the edges as the water dries and creates a ring. If that proves to be difficult then they may have to be lightly polished out.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

lostdaytomorrow
08-11-2011, 06:42 PM
If the wash doesn`t get it off, definitely get good macro pics for us and try a clay bar on it. See if you can feel the spot with a fingernail and or with your hand in a sandwich baggy.