PDA

View Full Version : Understanding HD Nitro Seal By 3D Products.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Barry Theal
08-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Let’s talk HD Nitro Seal

So what is HD Nitro Seal? Here is the exact science behind it.

HD Nitro Seal is a two part copolymer system ; that it is formed from two different blend of chemicals.

Part A being the Aminofunctional fluid group and the Part B is a hybrid Montan wax composite. When these compounds are mixed together, the amine blend (Part A) will react with the wax group (Part B) to form a covalent bond so that the resulting mixture will cure into a heavily cross-linked coating.

The advantage of Part A is that it contains a polar amine group that provides excellent deposition or surface affinity. This effectively anchors the product to the surface of the car. The solvent (carrier) in Part A has an extraordinary wetting properties; thus allowing the amionofunctional resins to extend and spread over the body of the vehicle easily. A few drops will almost cover the entire fender. In this case the curable amine silicones, will create a thin layer that provides a crosslinked film on the substrate.

Part B (Montan wax composite) will be combined with aminofunctional silicones to improve the

resistance of a polish film.

Due to the reactivity characteristics of A&B we have chosen to bottle them separately and mix them on the vehicle surface. To ensure the longevity of the shelf life; each bottle is topped with nitrogen gas. Therefore we recommend to use the bottles within few days after opening.

HD Nitro Seal will last 12-18 months on a vehicle depending on normal usage. However you can prolong this time by regularly maintaining automobiles with HD POXY.

While this scientific stuff is great, I am going to take this time to break everything down simple for all to understand.

PART A

HD Nitro Seal is a two part copolymer system ; that it is formed from two different blend of chemicals.

In simple terms this is a two part system from two different polymers. It will take two steps for the process.

Part A being the Aminofunctional fluid group and the Part B is a hybrid Montan wax composite. When these compounds are mixed together, the amine blend (Part A) will react with the wax group (Part B) to form a covalent bond so that the resulting mixture will cure into a heavily cross-linked coating.

Simply put Part A and B will not mix into the same bottle as one. So they needed to be separated to create a perfect protection. When mixed the bonding begins as a chemical reaction. Thus creating an amazing barrier that will protect.

The advantage of Part A is that it contains a polar amine group that provides excellent deposition or surface affinity. This effectively anchors the product to the surface of the car. The solvent (carrier) in Part A has an extraordinary wetting properties; thus allowing the amionofunctional resins to extend and spread over the body of the vehicle easily. A few drops will almost cover the entire fender. In this case the curable amine silicones, will create a thin layer that provides a crosslinked film on the substrate.

The chemicals in Part A will allow for the surface adhesion process to begin, while yet being able to spread rather quickly. A thin layer will begin to appear on the painted surface.

Part B (Montan wax composite) will be combined with aminofunctional silicones to improve the

resistance of a polish film.

Part B is the part that will improve scuff resistance, add hydrophobic properties and bring the paint to a high gloss shine!

How to Use:

The surface of the vehicle must be completely clean and smooth. Preferably after a clay/polish.

Apply few drops of Part A to a small foam applicator (a little goes a long way; so do not over saturate the applicator).

Rub-in to the whole section of the vehicle massaging in over and over. ( section could be hood fender or door...etc). Do not buff-it yet.

To another applicator apply few drops of Part B and rub-in to the same section. You will see that Part A is not properly dried and has some patches of mat sections. No problem... Just go over it and massage in the Part B.

While letting this section dry and move to the next sections until the entire car is finished.

Come back and now buff in to a brilliant shine with Microfiber towel or a very soft cloth.

HD Nitro Seal cures to its optimum performance in 24 hours. During this time do not wash the vehicle or expose to water.

It was my goal to help further educate everyone on what HD Nitro Seal really is. I only hope you will enjoy this terrific product just as much as I have been as of late. If your curious of when the release date is feel free to watch the attached film I have made for you. it’s a great close up of Nitro Seal in Depth.

Enjoy,

Barry E. Theal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwV30qrG3N0

Brad B
08-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Great write up, Barry. Thanks a lot for the detail.

imported_fastcar
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Gotta try this stuff!

wascallyrabbit
08-26-2011, 04:19 PM
i feel like i`ve read this some where.

clueless1
09-03-2011, 08:29 PM
I`m not really getting it. The addition of aminofunctional silicone is what makes a paint sealant a paint sealant. monton wax? there`s other products with monton wax too. But I`m not sure I understand why monton wax on top of a sealant would have special properties? Is there something else I`m missing?

nyakerz
09-06-2011, 06:05 PM
What is the advantage of NS over OptiCoat 2.0? Based on the readings, NS has the edge in looks. There is also no possibility of high spots, and in extreme case, the need of removing it buffing it out.

SpoolinNoMore
09-06-2011, 07:41 PM
What is the advantage of NS over OptiCoat 2.0? Based on the readings, NS has the edge in looks. There is also no possibility of high spots, and in extreme case, the need of removing it buffing it out.

You nailed it, NS is claimed 12-18 mo durability and OC is lifetime, but OC isn`t as optically appealing as NS from what I`ve seen so far (NS looking more like a carnauba appearance and OC is more of a sealant look). People put LSP`s on vehicles for appearances and appearance-related purposes though so it`s just a matter of getting what is best for you.

wascallyrabbit
09-07-2011, 09:48 AM
i agree most people here (enthusiasts) may use certain lsp`s for appearance, most non enthusiasts are going for the protection and longevity/durability of lsp`s.

Bill D
09-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Yep, given that, I would side with NS. It would be the first LSP in two parts I`d ever use though.

shirtman
09-07-2011, 09:55 AM
i agree most people here (enthusiasts) may use certain lsp`s for appearance, most non enthusiasts are going for the protection and longevity/durability of lsp`s.

I`d like to only have to choose bassed soley on appearance, but both my cars are DDs and while I spend far more time keeping mine in shape than any of my neighbors, there are situations (like winter) that demands a combination of durability and looks. If Nitro Seal can meet the combined demand, I will be a very happy camper. We`ll see shortly (If I get the product and IF it ever stops raining here in central PA :frusty:

Jeff

Tunch
09-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I`d like to only have to choose bassed soley on appearance, but both my cars are DDs and while I spend far more time keeping mine in shape than any of my neighbors, there are situations (like winter) that demands a combination of durability and looks. If Nitro Seal can meet the combined demand, I will be a very happy camper. We`ll see shortly (If I get the product and IF it ever stops raining here in central PA :frusty:

Jeff

I agree. Who cares if the protection is 5 years with so so looks. I rather apply once a year and have immaculate look.

Bill D
09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
I`m looking forward to seeing some incredible looks, surpassing, say Souveran on red and black?

wascallyrabbit
09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
I agree. Who cares if the protection is 5 years with so so looks. I rather apply once a year and have immaculate look.

there is a large number of people out there that would settle for the so so looks if they didn`t have to wax there car for 5yrs.

shirtman
09-07-2011, 03:23 PM
If I had a LSP that would truly protect for 12 months (minimum - llike Nitro Seal) and looks anywhere near Souveran on the black Miata I would be ecstatic, and if I could then layer up a bit of Proxy to allow me to feel as if I am pampering when I have the time, well, lets just say that would be out of this world. I will post when I have completed the Uno/Nitro/Proxy combo and let you know how close it comes to nirvana.

Jeff

nyakerz
09-08-2011, 05:14 AM
I`ll be looking forward to the durability review. Also, the sheeting. The cars protected with NS by David and Thomas looks awesome!