PDA

View Full Version : Shop vac question (bags)

dschribs
08-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Don`t kill me if this painfully obvious :der:

Do I really need to use bags in my shop vac???

I have been using mine without bags and it "seems" to work ok. Then again, maybe this is why I buy filters every month.

Brad B
08-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I don`t use bags. And yes, I clean filters often and buy new ones every few months.

salty
08-09-2011, 11:55 PM
I just use the foam filter and suck up some water to start. Does smell if you let it stand in the tank too long, though.

Lonnie
08-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I use paper toweling over a CLEANED used filter if I am doing a vehicle with alot of pet hair in it.

Keeps the filter from getting clogged with hair.

You may need remove the hair from vacuum filter with the paper toweling and place new toweling on the filter,

depending how much hair up suck up to allow suffcient vacuum suction as you clean.

If you are using bags to minimize the need to clean your vaccum`s air filter, I would venture to guess that you are loosing alot of the vacuum`s suction efficiency.

I clean my filter quite often, but I not cleaning out 6 cars a day with it either. You can do a quick-clean of your filter media by removing it from your shop-vac and just tapping it inside a large garbage can to loosen the collected debris from the media. Common sense suggestion: Do it AWAY from where you work on cars. (Like not in the garage where your car is because loose ,fine dust ends up settling on your car`s surface or outside and downwind from your car sitting in the driveway because wind-driven dust ends up on your car)

wascallyrabbit
08-10-2011, 09:32 AM
no you don`t have to use bags. bags do make emptying easier.