PDA

View Full Version : Detailer with paint thickness gauge

sjs0433
08-09-2011, 09:57 AM
I was wondering if there was a detailer anywhere close to Richmond, VA that has a paint depth gauge that could take a quick look at my car and let me know how much room I have to go before I`m down to not enough clear to safely detail the car.

It`s a `06 Honda S2000 with just under 30k miles. I bought it when it had just over 23k miles and it was apparent at some point a detailing hack had touched the car b/c there are burnt edges all over the place and it was swirled to hell. I`ve since corrected it once using my PC orange pad/3M compound followed by blue pad/3M fine polish. The finish still looks pretty good. I`ve been reading up a lot on some of the longer term protection products such as Opti-coat or Aquartz/Cquartz and would like to re-detail to the car to perfection before I look into something like that. I just want to know that I can do it safely first.

imported_DetailDan
08-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Don`t know anyone in that area unfortunately. Maybe try calling some body shops?

Ron Ketcham
08-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Car Pool Car Washes have Gina operating the Detail Centers.

Call them, find what location she is at for that day, she can give you the readings you require.

Grumpy

gdal
09-04-2011, 03:18 PM
I live in Spotsylvania, but I work in Ruther Glen. I`m not a pro, but I do own a paint meter. I`m willing to help you out.

PM me.