PDA

View Full Version : Klasse products with Menzerna???

Pages : [1] 2

jjfrehe
08-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi guys - I have been using Menzerna Intensive Polish and Fnal Polish for quite some time. However, after reading great reviews for Klasse AIO and Gloss Sealant, I thought I would give them a try on our black and silver cars.

My question is this - is there any issue using the Menzerna products before AIO? If not, do I need to wash or do a 50/50 wipe-down of the car before applying AIO?

Accumulator
08-07-2011, 11:05 AM
jjfrehe- No problems polishing with Menzerna before the Klasse twins (though I hear that KAIO will slightly diminish the gloss left by PO85RD). I would do the IPA/etc. though since KAIO seems surprisingly poor at removing polishing oils.

Dan
08-07-2011, 05:47 PM
I wouldn`t recommend anyone get KSG anymore. KAIO still has its place, but there are many much more advanced products that require less work and produce superior results. If you like acrylics, grab some Werkstat.

imported_DetailDan
08-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I dont recommend KAIO either. Id stick with Menzerna, then your LSP.

jjfrehe
08-07-2011, 07:30 PM
When you state you wouldn`t recommend, is it because of the application process or protective qualities (or possible lack thereof)

imported_DetailDan
08-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Application, but mainly I did not like the look of it. As Accumulator mentioned, it seemed to take away from the finish. If you want an AIO, I recommend Optimum Poli- Seal. It can be used on everything, Ive even used it on the radio screen in my car.

jjfrehe
08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Do you think Opti-Seal followed up with Meguiars Ultimate was would be a good combination?

Dan
08-07-2011, 08:40 PM
When you state you wouldn`t recommend, is it because of the application process or protective qualities (or possible lack thereof)

Its just outdated in the same way a brand new car from 1985 would be. To get any sort of looks from it, it takes 3 layers. Even then it looks lifeless compared to today`s sealants. If you want better protection, there are even better looking products.

Do you think Opti-Seal followed up with Meguiars Ultimate was would be a good combination?

Optiseal doesn`t need any toppers. It looks and works great on its own. If you have to put something on top, OCW is great.

imported_DetailDan
08-07-2011, 09:20 PM

Keep it simple, no need to add a bunch of different products. Top with OCW like yakky said if you like.

imported_RZJZA80
08-08-2011, 10:41 AM
I use Klasse mainly to clean off anything left on the paint as well as to add shine and protection to the paint before waxing on top, I also like the cleaning ability of it. What else cleans, protects, and shines as well as or better than Klasse? I`m just talking about the AIO here not the SG. I may need to transition to Opti-xxx product if it does everything Klasse AIO does only better.

Dan
08-08-2011, 11:05 AM
I use Klasse mainly to clean off anything left on the paint as well as to add shine and protection to the paint before waxing on top, I also like the cleaning ability of it. What else cleans, protects, and shines as well as or better than Klasse? I`m just talking about the AIO here not the SG. I may need to transition to Opti-xxx product if it does everything Klasse AIO does only better.

ZAIO blows the doors off KAIO in the cleaning, polishing, and protection department. It also looks much better as it has depth (KAIO has zero) and it shines much more. The wet look it leaves is a-typical for any sort of AIO. If you don`t like Zaino stuff or don`t want to mail order, DG501 is an excellent substitute.

imported_RZJZA80
08-08-2011, 11:21 AM
ZAIO blows the doors off KAIO in the cleaning, polishing, and protection department. It also looks much better as it has depth (KAIO has zero) and it shines much more. The wet look it leaves is a-typical for any sort of AIO. If you don`t like Zaino stuff or don`t want to mail order, DG501 is an excellent substitute.

Funny you mention the DG501....I`ve had a bottle for two years and always forget to try it lol ... actually I`m not sure it`s even good anymore. I will try the ZAIO, and if it`s as easy to apply and wipe of as Klasse, then that`s great

BTW I also like how a little Klasse goes a long way...is ZAIO the same way? Just a drop does damn near half a panel?

Dan
08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Both ZAIO and 501 go a long way. DG products have great shelf life, unless it has been stored outside, it probably just fine. I have some DG101 that is over 7 years old and it still works fine. I`d try out the DG501 and see if it works out for you. If you like it, you`ll love ZAIO. If you hate it, stick with KAIO.

Accumulator
08-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Just to claryify:

I still like KAIO as a precleaner especially before KSG, in part because it`s trim-friendly. I`d just be a little careful about not letting it diminish the gloss from a really good finishing polish. Note that it`s never done that for *me*.

While I do like ZAIO, there are times when I don`t want that much abrasion (note I did not say "cut" ) and for those incidents I`m happy with KAIO. It`s like my whole KAIO/ZAIO/SRP collection, one product is usually better for one reason or another, but all have their place.

I still like KSG too, as IME it can protect better than anything this side of a coating, at least if you layer it enough. Yeah, I`ve pretty much switched to FK1000P, but that`s not a slam at KSG. The Klasse twins still work for me, on paint, trim, metal, you name it...even rubber.

Oh, and my Klasse twins weren`t new when I moved into this house in...uhm.. 2000 and they`re still perfectly OK. Great shelf-life there!

usdm
08-08-2011, 11:21 PM
KAIO and KSG on wheels is pretty good deal. Not so much on painted surfaces, even the beaters I tended to get. Rather use Snap Seal or Paint Perfection Glaze.