PDA

View Full Version : Iron Cut VS iron X?

smokinfastlegen
08-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I have searched but cannot find anything pertaining to this. I know someone else might have better luck, but anyway, whats the difference between the two besides manufacturer? Does one work better than the other?

Rei86
08-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Same thing, different name.

imported_DetailDan
08-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Unless they changed the formula of Iron Cut, they are not the same. One main difference is Iron X is a gel and Iron Cut is not. Iron X does a much better job of clinging to the surface which allows it to break down the ferrous particles better. It also doesn`t smell nearly as bad. I recommend Iron X over Iron Cut.

Rei86
08-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Iron X is not a gel, its a liquid. Unless we`re talking about Iron X soap gel.

froboy272
08-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Unless they changed the formula of Iron Cut, they are not the same. One main difference is Iron X is a gel and Iron Cut is not. Iron X does a much better job of clinging to the surface which allows it to break down the ferrous particles better. It also doesn`t smell nearly as bad. I recommend Iron X over Iron Cut.

Are you sure? My iron X is not a gel at all (although they do have a soap gel available) and smells absolutely horrible.

imported_DetailDan
08-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Yes Im sure guys, I have both in my garage right now. Im not talking thick gel, but noticeably different from Iron Cut. Iron Cut has the consistency comparable to straight water, whereas Iron X is more like a diluted gel. Regardless, Iron X clings to the surface much better, and thus works better IMO.

Rei86
08-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I get what you`re saying, but when I look at and use it doesn`t have that diluted gel consistence that you`re talking.

Also Avi@Carpro has said that the IronX spray is stronger than the Soap Gel.