PDA

View Full Version : Which wax improves the look of new paint?

jupiter
08-06-2011, 08:15 AM
I have a couple of cars with paint that`s in very good condition. The cars are low-mileage garage queens. I`ve used a couple waxes and I couldn`t see any visual improvement at all. Is it a foregone conclusion that if the paint is already glossy and in good condition, that wax only provides protection and does not improve the look of the paint?

Dan
08-06-2011, 08:47 AM
On perfectly polished paint, your rate of returns on a wax are pretty slim. Some beauty waxes like S100, PS21 and Pinnacle Souveran will give you a bit more in looks.

Accumulator
08-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Certain LSPs do contribute a sort of "signature look" that some people will notice more readily than others.

E.g., Meguiar`s #26 and Zaino Z2 will both impart a little something, and those two will look different enough that I`d expect people to see a diff.

[SS]Shooter
08-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Take a look at the paint with a halogen light. If the cars have been washed over the years, they likely have some marring... (unless washed by above ^^^)

wascallyrabbit
08-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I have a couple of cars with paint that`s in very good condition. The cars are low-mileage garage queens. I`ve used a couple waxes and I couldn`t see any visual improvement at all. Is it a foregone conclusion that if the paint is already glossy and in good condition, that wax only provides protection and does not improve the look of the paint?

you pretty much nailed that one. some are more sensitive to the differences than others. you probably more likely to see a difference between a wax and a sealant.

Scottwax
08-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Claying and polishing will have a much larger effect on how the paint looks, even new paint.

wascallyrabbit
08-07-2011, 07:35 AM
i was surprised at what the clay removed from my last new car. i used to think that new paint wouldn`t have anything on it being new and all.