PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s DA MF system on polish glass?

paixim
08-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi guys, I am getting my Meguiar`s DA MF system today. I was wondering if I can use it to polish out the hard water etching on my glasses like I could with the foam pads? Has anyone tried this before?

Also, does anyone know if D301 finishing wax is wax or synthetic sealant? I just want to get an idea on the durability on this product before I put it on.

Thanks !

Tru_Shine
08-05-2011, 02:10 PM
I would say it wouldn`t phase the glass at all? havn`t tried it, but in the past, there are only a couple of products that I know of that can work on glass, Glass science glass scrub, and the LC glass polishing kit

RaskyR1
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I know Bryan used it on a car with some nasty water spots on the glass a while back with excellent results....I`ll see if I can find the thread.

mikenap
08-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I tried it on some baked-in water spots on a sunroof before, and it worked fine. As good as foam would have been. I guess it depends on the severity of the etching though.

paixim
08-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys. Since Meguiar`s repeatedly emphasizes that the MF system is designed to work on OEM paint ONLY and none of the foam pad/polish companies make such claims, I thought I should check with the experts here first before I majorly screw up my car :)