PDA

View Full Version : APC or bug squash as prewash?

97FLAIRSIDE
02-23-2006, 01:13 AM
starting to get stuff ready for spring and first wash of my f150 and jetta. I bought one of those pesticide sprayers to pre-soak the rims/tires with wheel cleaner or whatever i decide to use it for. Might come in handy soaking deep into engine compartment.

But i need to know what i can use as a pre-wash? apc or bug squash? What will remove tree pee (sap) from truck? i wake up every afternoon and find the truck covered with it. I`de like something i can use with out problems and that will do a good job of pre soaking.

Brenton
02-23-2006, 06:54 AM
I would do a search on tree sap. There are various solutions. My favourite is Methyl Hydrate.

I you have Bug Squash 3:1, makes a good pre-soak. But if you have a chemical sprayer, use high concentration soap as a pre-soak.

Poorboy
02-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Bug Squash would be the better of the two unless you were looking to strip the wax/sealant ...if the sap is pretty sticky and thick, use a 2:1 dilution of Bug Squash..if you decide to use the APC..about 15:1 should do the trick :)

Mikeyc
02-23-2006, 09:19 AM
I`ve been using bug squash as a pre-wash all winter. It really eats up the road salt. Overall, I think it really makes a great pre-wash. I`ve been using it full strength, but when there`s no salt on the road I`ll start using it diluted.

For sap, I really like Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover. Be sure to get the white, metal bottle with the plastic pop top. TW seems to make multiple B&T removers this one is by far their best. IMO, this B&T remover is better than almost every one I`ve tried. In fact this and CD2 Engine Detailer are the only TW products I use.

97FLAIRSIDE
02-23-2006, 05:37 PM
i`ll use the bug squash. The sap isn`t bad, but its annoying. Some come off today while it rained, but i just having having all this stuff on the hood and fender.s