PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet Diamond vs Zaino Z5?

imported_RedlineIRL
08-04-2011, 10:45 AM
I am considering giving the Blackfire Wet Diamond a try, but I haven`t use a pure sealant since Z5 which was many years ago. Z5 was ok as far as looks, but most importantly I need something that will provide protection against frequent driving and being exposed to the outside elements. I have read from many former Z5 users is that it isn`t really the best at providing protection against this.

I believe Z5 is more or an acrylic based polymer sealnt, but is the Blackfire Wet Diamond similar to Z5 in its chemical makeup? If they are similar, I don`t think I want to try the BFWD

Dan
08-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Bfwd and Z5 are very different. I don`t know that one is better at protection versus the other. However if it is protection you are after, there are better products.

DM101
08-04-2011, 02:52 PM
You need something like Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 ... This will provide protection. Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating FREE BONUS (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-coat.html)

I am considering giving the Blackfire Wet Diamond a try, but I haven`t use a pure sealant since Z5 which was many years ago. Z5 was ok as far as looks, but most importantly I need something that will provide protection against frequent driving and being exposed to the outside elements. I have read from many former Z5 users is that it isn`t really the best at providing protection against this.

I believe Z5 is more or an acrylic based polymer sealnt, but is the Blackfire Wet Diamond similar to Z5 in its chemical makeup? If they are similar, I don`t think I want to try the BFWD

imported_RedlineIRL
08-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I am aware there`s better options such as Opticoat 2, but I don`t have it at the moment. If I can get 3 to 4 months of true protection, I am fine with that for now. Can anyone who has tried both BFWD and Z5 comment at which provides better protection and durability?

Dan
08-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I am aware there`s better options such as Opticoat 2, but I don`t have it at the moment. If I can get 3 to 4 months of true protection, I am fine with that for now. Can anyone who has tried both BFWD and Z5 comment at which provides better protection and durability?

No other sealant comes close to Z5 for durability. 6 months for a DD is par for the course. As far as protection, that is much harder to measure. Z5 isn`t great at dealing with etching, but I don`t have enough experience with BFWD to say.

gmblack3
08-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Z5 5-6 months.

BFWD 3-4 months.

Junebug
08-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Tried both, and I`d go with BFWD simply cause it`s so easy to use. Even I can`t f..k it up! Z5 on the other hand can be finicky in humid weather, and do the blotchy - streaky boggie especially on black. All that said, if I was looking for another sealer, I`d hang around fot the 3D Nitro to come out. Even though I need another sealer like I need a third testicle, I`m definitely ordering Nitro as soon as it comes out.

smokinfastlegen
08-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Tried both, and I`d go with BFWD simply cause it`s so easy to use. Even I can`t f..k it up! Z5 on the other hand can be finicky in humid weather, and do the blotchy - streaky boggie especially on black. All that said, if I was looking for another sealer, I`d hang around fot the 3D Nitro to come out. Even though I need another sealer like I need a third testicle, I`m definitely ordering Nitro as soon as it comes out.

Hey you never know when that third testicle will come in handy.

I too am interested in the 3d Nitro.

I cant say anything about z5 as i have never used it, but have used BFWD. I have had great experiences with it.

Brad B
08-07-2011, 07:35 PM
No other sealant comes close to Z5 for durability. 6 months for a DD is par for the course. As far as protection, that is much harder to measure. Z5 isn`t great at dealing with etching...

I concur. Have used both extensively. That said, I prefer better prep work and the use of Zaino AIO or Z2 over Z5. I haven`t been too enthused with Blackfire.

imported_DetailDan
08-07-2011, 07:39 PM
BF is super easy to use and looks great. I have some Z5, Z2, and ZFX which I have yet to use.