PDA

View Full Version : Let`s talk towels - specifically PLUSH drying towels

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pingable
08-03-2011, 12:01 PM
I`ve looked on and off....

Anyone making a extremely deep pile plush towel that is larger than a regular 16x16 MF towel size.

For starters, I use the following towels after a blow dry...

Pak Ultra Soft WW towel (I ALWAYS prime these by doing the glass 1st or spritzing water).

Autopia/Sonus DeWunder WW Towel

My personal favorite is this double stitched deep plush towel I ordered from Rubbish Boys in the UK.

A smaller towel in this class would be a DP MFluffy towel.

Anyone in the USA stateside sellers selling a similar double sideded uber plush MF towel ?

I prefer this to a WW for drying. While I love the absorbancy features of a WW, I still feel it`s not *soft* enough for me, unless it is primed wet by either drying WET glass or giving a healthy spritzing of water

on the WW.

(this is more for paints that err on the soft side)

TedFred
08-03-2011, 01:14 PM
I`ve looked on and off....

Anyone in the USA stateside sellers selling a similar double sideded uber plush MF towel ?

I prefer this to a WW for drying. While I love the absorbancy features of a WW, I still feel it`s not *soft* enough for me, unless it is primed wet by either drying WET glass or giving a healthy spritzing of water

on the WW.

(this is more for paints that err on the soft side)

Walmart sells a double sided drying towel that is fantastic. Microtex is the brand about $10 each, I have two. Be careful to get the correct one because I think that they sell two microfiber drying towels at my walmart, mine is the most expensive one they sell. I think that theses are easier on the paint than a waffle weave, it is the softest towel I have ever seen:wink1: See link below

Walmart.com: Microtex Coral Drying Towel: Automotive (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Microtex-Coral-Drying-Towel/16645503)

bigltc
08-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Good question. I hit a couple of local stores looking for a plush drying towel tonight with no luck. Looking forward to some more suggestions!

DM101
08-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Here is what you need at a awesome price!!!!! MICROFIBER BIG MONSTER TOWEL (http://www.chemicalguys.com/MICROFIBER_BIG_MONSTER_TOWEL_p/mic_1102_03.htm)

imported_sal329
08-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Im not sure how plush it is but detailers domain sells a huge drying towel

Accumulator
08-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I`ve been wondering about this for a while now....I`d love to hear first-hand reports about ones that get absolutely 100% of the water off, something none of my non-WWs have ever done. I just have a feeling that I`ll buy something along these lines and find it`s not Accumulator-proof :think:

Ron Ketcham
08-04-2011, 02:01 PM
You got two hands and arms, right?

In one hand is the main drying towel, in the other is the secondary wipe towel, and wal-ah! All is right with the world.

Grumpy

Accumulator
08-04-2011, 02:13 PM
You got two hands and arms, right?

In one hand is the main drying towel, in the other is the secondary wipe towel, and wal-ah! All is right with the world.

Grumpy

Yeah, but one of my arms is holding the spray bottle of QD...gotta grow a third one, any day now ;)

TedFred
08-04-2011, 02:14 PM
I`ve been wondering about this for a while now....I`d love to hear first-hand reports about ones that get absolutely 100% of the water off, something none of my non-WWs have ever done. I just have a feeling that I`ll buy something along these lines and find it`s not Accumulator-proof :think:

The towel I have shown above get all the water off my car usually in one swipe

AndyWax
08-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I too love the double sided towel from wal mart.

TedFred
08-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I too love the double sided towel from wal mart.

I am glad that I could get someone to agree with me. Just because it is from Wally world doesn`t mean that it is bad.

tom p.
08-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I am glad that I could get someone to agree with me. Just because it is from Wally world doesn`t mean that it is bad.

I`ve got a couple of these too. Just haven`t had a chance to try them. I think they were $8.50. Very different material compared to a WW drying towel.

pingable
08-04-2011, 04:27 PM
The DP FM are a lil too plush and does make it a bit award to catch a drip sometimes.....

But I still prefer it over a WW on soft paint.

Any other paint, I`m comfortable with the WW. There are just some paints that even with a ~primed~ WW, I still take very delicate passes even with QD as a lube.

Accumulator
08-05-2011, 11:32 AM
TedFred- Yeah, Walmart can have good stuff, used to use their dishwasher powder back when it still hade phosphates. OK, I`ll give those MicroTex Coral ones a try.

Bill D
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Alright, I`ll be on the look out for them too. As always with any MF, I probably better wash them first before using them on the cars.