PDA

View Full Version : Love bugs

Danspeed1
08-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Whats good for removing love bugs from a Zaino finished vehicle. This is all of a sudden a problem as it seems the bug species decided to move into my neighborhood. I am trying not to use anything too aggressive as the front bumper is freshly painted, car is swirl free, and I don`t want to remove any layers of zaino protection.

DG

David Fermani
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I usually just blast them with my pressure washer. The wetter they get, the easier them fall off. Because your paint is fresh, I`d be careful with the edges. Otherwise, if you go the chemical route of removal, it results in protection removal.

Bill D
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Wow! The love bugs are up in New York now?

David Fermani
08-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I wonder if they`re from down here?

Bill D
08-02-2011, 08:00 PM
In my area there have been many fires this past spring and early summer in the woods and I understand that made the bugs migrate closer to residential areas and the beach. Makes it even more of a drag to be outside now :( But yeah, kinda makes me :confused: as to what love bugs are doing that far north.

Danspeed1
08-02-2011, 11:58 PM
No need to panic they are not really love bugs, that`s just what I am calling them; to be honest they look like large gnats, but they have been all over. I can`t go up the road without splatter all over the bumper. They leave yellow splatter all over and it gets embedded in the paint. Its really ridiculous how it is always something with this paint. Just when you get the swirls knocked out, droves of bugs move in to screw it all up.

Bill D
08-03-2011, 08:13 AM
Might want to consider applying :

PRO Car Beauty Products: S-10-22 BUG GUARD (http://www.prowax.com/specialty_products/S-10-22_Bug_Guard.html)

togwt
08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
To remove - pre-soak heavy bug contamination with 1z einszett Anti-Insekt + Pre-Cleaner easily removes bug carcasses but doesn`t remove wax / sealant paint protection soak a micro fibre towel and let it sit for 4-5 minutes before removing. Then use a (pre-soaked then wring damp) Professional Bug Sponge the open-cell construction `grabs` foreign matter on your cars paint surface and safely removes it. Then use an Optimum No Rinse (ONR) solution, 2oz per gallon / distilled water. It’s completely harmless to the paint or glass surfaces, a very efficient and safe way of removing harmful baked on bug debris due to its non-abrasive nature