PDA

View Full Version : Headliner Trouble

SweatTheDetails
08-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Trying to get the smoke smell out of my 93 Cutless, I sprayed a small amount of Meg APC+ on a cotton rag an gently rubbed it on the liner. This morning i go out to the car to see the liner sagging. Is there any way to fix this or is it ruined?

Bill D
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM
My 89 Cadillac has a shot headliner. It started in one spot and gradually encompassed everything. I hope your area has better, competent upholstery shops than mine. If you can find a good upholsterer, he may be able to reglue the headliner to the board. I`m not sure if this is the best fix though as I have yet to be able to solve my own problem. Good luck!

Brad B
08-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Try remoistening it and drying with a hair dryer. Be careful and test small areas. Worked miracles on my BMW headliner.

Bill D
08-09-2011, 10:54 PM
That`s an excellent tip and I hope it might work for SweatTheDetails. In my case, the headliner`s been far gone for a real long time and I`m not handy enough to even attempt removal. I once had the name of a decent fabric supplier that sent me correct swatches. If I still have it and can find it, I`ll post it so someone can shop for fabric for DIY or maybe to show to an upholsterer to order.