PDA

View Full Version : Top Coat Zaino

Danspeed1
08-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Hello,

I have a Zaino question. I am looking to top coat my six coats of zaino (3 coats of Z5, 3 Coats of Z2) with Pinnacle Souveran. I am under the impression that once i coat with pinnacle I can no longer add coats of Zaino because a sealer won`t bond to a Nuba. With that said are there really any benefits to adding any more coats of Zaino for protection or should I go ahead and move to a pinnacle top coat. I am looking to keep this jet black, swirl free look on my C6 as long as possible without having to strip, repolish, and recoat.

Thanks,

Dan

togwt
08-02-2011, 03:12 AM
A polymer sealant is much more durable than a wax, however wax will act as a sacrificial barrier against acids (bird excrement, acid rain, etc) Or you could use Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

DM101
08-02-2011, 04:33 AM
I like the Z-8 option better. You can top with Z-8 once a week and keep those Z coats looking new.

mongo
08-02-2011, 11:09 AM
I like the Z-8 option better. You can top with Z-8 once a week and keep those Z coats looking new.

plus 1 to that or just use it every other wash

David Fermani
08-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Ditch the thought of a PS topper. Stick with Zaino or else you`re create product blasphemy.

rwright
08-02-2011, 02:33 PM
If you decide to use the PS be prepared to use Z6 quite often as PS attracts dust like crazy.

Danspeed1
08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Great, $99 for PS and I can`t even use it.

I have been using Z8 weekly, and it does look top notch. Just looking to add a little of that wet look.

I guess for a daily driver I will stick with the Z8.

DG

Dan
08-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Great, $99 for PS and I can`t even use it.

I have been using Z8 weekly, and it does look top notch. Just looking to add a little of that wet look.

I guess for a daily driver I will stick with the Z8.

DG

Meh, live a little, do 1/2 the car with PS and 1/2 with Z8. Let us know what you think. Not enough people experimenting these days. A good strong wash will remove PS and besides, Z2 has enough solvents to get tar off, it won`t have a problem with PS.

gtppilot
08-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Just go for it. You will be happy. I decided to put some some DP Max Wax over my multiple coats of Zaino to see what happens. I`ve been very happy. My car is a really boring color called Newport Blue and I was willing to give it a shot. Really worked out well for me. Only thing I noticed was a loss of slickness, but I have since cured that by using Z8 over it after washing. Seems to work out just fine....or the Z8 removed the max wax. Anyway...just go for it. You got nothing to lose. Post before and after pics !!

chopper82p
09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I`d use Z-CS and Z8. It should provide better protection and shine than any wax.