PDA

View Full Version : Stripping Sealant.....

pingable
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I`d prefer to use as little mechanical action as possible on stripping sealant off paint prior to Opticoat application.

Which poison would you pick..

Stuff in my stash

Valugard ABC

A VERY HEAVY mix of CG CWG foammend with a long 10-15 minute`ish dwell time

Can`t think of any others in my stash that I could use ~chemically~ to strip the sealant.

Again, this is more of me trying to avoid as much mechanical agitation as possible.

b34tBoX
08-01-2011, 07:08 PM
ABC for sure.

Accumulator
08-02-2011, 11:54 AM
If the paint is really in ready-to-coat condition other than the existing sealant, I`d probably just use the "A", followed by a regular wash, skipping the "B".

David Fermani
08-02-2011, 12:01 PM
It`s as easy as ABC......:tribe:

pingable
08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I`ve been living under a rock and have not been paying attention to the current crop of LSP

Opticoat seems like the perfect mix for my weekend warrior. I`ve only taken her out maybe 3 times since polishing her out late spring.

I came across a couple of videos where there was a comparison between a couple of these nano coating sealants, and it seems like WITH a pressure washer, I my be able to wash the car without mechanical means and just straight pressure washer with these super slick coatings..

And yes, I`m aware it does not feel as slick as a traditional wax....

Dan
08-02-2011, 08:10 PM
There is no way I`d put it on without hitting the car with P085rd or similar finishing polish.

pingable
08-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Whoops. I did forget that I was intending to polish any areas that may needed touch if 85rd...but not the whole entire care again.

Next step up is the C4 trim product I`m doing homework on...

Hmmm....I wonder if the longevity is there.

Accumulator
08-03-2011, 10:55 AM
chefwong- Food for thought: you mentioned how you`ll be doing some spot-correction; that might not be feasible if you OptiCoat it. That`s one big reason why my OptiCoat is currently sitting on the shelf.

pingable
08-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeap. I know you can`t really spot correct post Opti Coat.

Does the benefits outweigh the pros. I guess I`ll have to find out.

I`m still doing some reading up....but AFAIK, while they say ~formulations~ are compilable, does OCW or OS actually stay ontop of OS.

Remember the good ole Superbee threads and the quest for truely agitation free wash. This is my whole premise to be soon put to the test

togwt
08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I think I read somewhere that Opti-Seal can be used to correct low spots on an Opti-Coat coating. Any comments on this (Chris from OPT)