PDA

View Full Version : Air blowing prior to work

Stu
07-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Maybe a crazy question guys. Does anyone use a compressor to blow off there car prior to a quick detail or CCD? After a quick one night cruise, it`s hard to justify a complete wash, etc.

Thoughts?

Stu

kyled
07-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Maybe a crazy question guys. Does anyone use a compressor to blow off there car prior to a quick detail or CCD? After a quick one night cruise, it`s hard to justify a complete wash, etc.

Thoughts?

Stu

You can try using a compressor, I just think it`s a waste.. don`t you think? If I didn`t completely wash my mom`s Camry, I can assure you it wouldn`t look like it does today.

Dan
07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I have tried, it really doesn`t do much.

Accumulator
07-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Same here, blowing it off never did much for me either; if I can`t do a full/proper wash I simply don`t touch it (CRS rinsing the beaters excepted, upon occasion).

Stu
07-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! That answers that :)

b34tBoX
07-28-2011, 05:21 PM
No, microfiber towel and quick detail spray works best.

If it`s REALLY dusty (not dirty), use a dry MF towel THEN use a new MF towel and spray.

07-28-2011, 07:55 PM
You can try using a compressor, I just think it`s a waste.. don`t you think? If I didn`t completely wash my mom`s [URL="http://www.hudsontoyota.com"]Camry[/URL, I can assure you it wouldn`t look like it does today.

Kyle, or whatever name you go by at Hudson Toyota in New Jersey, after multiple spam infractions, you`ve decided to permanantly ban yourself. :banplease::ban::banned::rip:

Dan
07-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Kyle, or whatever name you go by at Hudson Toyota in New Jersey, after multiple spam infractions, you`ve decided to permanantly ban yourself. :banplease::ban::banned::rip:

You really have to wonder what sort of doo-mas would waste their time trying to sell a Camry on a detailing forum.

lostdaytomorrow
08-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Never even thought of it but id say if someone has enough time to do that every morning more power to them for having that much free time in a day for something so trivial. Onr wash once a week for me and a little dust never hurt my vehicles before.

Ch96067
08-09-2011, 11:48 AM
I have tried blowing off as well, but there is no improvement even with the slightest dust on.

imported_DetailDan
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM
You could try a quick foam and rinse, then blow dry not towel dry. Thatll remove light dusting. Works best if you have a pressure washer and coat of wax/ sealant on the car.

Brad B
08-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Burned! Poof! :)