PDA

View Full Version : Paint Protection?

gstaff7
02-21-2006, 06:31 PM
OK, I just bought a brand new SUV and I want to give the best protection possible. There are so many different sealants and protection films that I don`t know where to start. Does anyone have any advice as to the best way to protect and keep looking great my investment. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jngrbrdman
02-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Good advice would be to let us know what you are looking for specifically. Are you looking for looks or durabilty? If it is durability and you don`t care much about looks then you definitely want a sealant and probably want Klasse or Zaino. Those are both 12+ week sealants. Most sealants are in the 10 to 12 week range. If you don`t mind waxing your car every other month, then it really doesn`t matter. I know I don`t care much about durabilty as long as it gets me through the 6 to 8 weeks between coats that I sometimes take.

gstaff7
02-21-2006, 07:31 PM
I`m lookng for durability. My car is silver, so I am not expecting the amazing depth that you can get from a darker color. Don`t get me wrong though. I want it to shine as much as it can.

fireman03
02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
I love the Klasse AIO topped with UPP combo for durabilty and shine.

artman4life
03-05-2006, 05:38 PM
i personally love the p21s product line, specially the paint cleanser and wax :)

GregCavi
03-05-2006, 05:59 PM
well to make it more confusing for you, hehe, I recommend fk1usa stuff for durability.

They have a sample kits that will do your entire car for like 20 bucks, sans towels and other stuff you will need.

The #2180 sealant in the kit has lasted strong over the winter on my clients cars.

Check it out!

http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm

Greg

joe.p
03-05-2006, 06:27 PM
I have the sample kit and this is what i`ll be using on my next complete detail.

cwcad
03-05-2006, 07:36 PM
AS Mosca has so eloquently stated, "The only way to have that just waxed look is to have just waxed it."

With that said one cannot go wrong with KAIO and UPP. Have seen some amazing shines with that combination.

I hope that you would consider taking the time to learn proper paint care techniques. Washing, polishing and waxing all have proper ways of getting the job done. With a little searching on your part these practices can be learned. this will definately aid in your stated goal of durability and shine.

GregCavi
03-05-2006, 08:10 PM
I hope that you would consider taking the time to learn proper paint care techniques. Washing, polishing and waxing all have proper ways of getting the job done. With a little searching on your part these practices can be learned. this will definately aid in your stated goal of durability and shine.

Couldnt have said it better!

Greg

SVR
03-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Best protection - start with an acrylic
Klasse , FMJ and maybe Zaino
Then apply a few coats of super polymers
UPP, wolfgang etc
Wax over the top of all them works nicely

To make it last as long as possible, acrylic jett or other spray sealant can be used as often as you want

yankees1
03-06-2006, 07:03 AM
The BEST advice I can give is the advice I recieved four years ago! I put Xpel 3m Scotchcal on my vehicles and four years later no rock chips! There are places where rocks have smashed my car nose, hood and outside mirrors. So just lately I pulled the clear 3m scotchcal off to check the paint and not a mark of any kind to the paint! Many companies offer paint protection but I think Xpel offers the best product! Advice from experience!

SVR
03-09-2006, 12:02 AM
I find that you can see that the film is on there so that is a turn off for me
good though if you do lots of highway driving