PDA

View Full Version : Best products for Interior Vinyl Car and Upholestry care

Pages : [1] 2

row012
07-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Hey all

Would like to know which would be the best products to buy for vinyl protection and something to protect the upholstery of the car seats etc.. What are you experiences and what would you recommend?

theflyingturtle
07-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I do not know if there is anything better than 303. That`s what I use. Buying it by the gallon makes it a little less expensive to use.

Accumulator
07-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Most of the time I don`t need to do much of anything for those surfaces except keep `em clean.

imported_animes2k
07-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I`m with Accumulator. I`ll use Meg`s Quik Interior Detailer and if I WANT to treat I`ll use 303 diluted 2:1 and follow up with a clean MF to buff it dull.

imported_eLrEyNaDa
07-09-2011, 03:57 PM
i would recommend FK108 it last forever, good anti-static, it shine a lot but if you`re wiping off right after the shine is just perfect

OnTheSpotMobile
07-09-2011, 04:02 PM
I can vouch for the 303 Fabric Guard for the upholstery seats.

row012
07-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I can vouch for the 303 Fabric Guard for the upholstery seats.

Which one exactly is this?

Thanks for all your comments everyone

Astro_ng
07-10-2011, 12:30 AM
They are talking about this one.

303 Products, Inc.: 303 High Tech Fabric Guard (http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/29/303-high-tech-fabric-guard.cfm)

I`ve heard now that it isn`t in an aerosol can the product quality isn`t as good as it once was. I`ve been looking for a good up sell item for fabric seats too, and i was hoping on buying a galon of this guy! I`ve read a few threads stating not to buy it! Fill us in please.

row012
07-10-2011, 06:00 AM
They are talking about this one.

303 Products, Inc.: 303 High Tech Fabric Guard (http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/29/303-high-tech-fabric-guard.cfm)

I`ve heard now that it isn`t in an aerosol can the product quality isn`t as good as it once was. I`ve been looking for a good up sell item for fabric seats too, and i was hoping on buying a galon of this guy! I`ve read a few threads stating not to buy it! Fill us in please.

Oh ok correct me If Im wrong but I dont see any aerosol cans on that webpage, just the liquid from spray bottle.

Accumulator
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I`m with Accumulator. I`ll use Meg`s Quik Interior Detailer ...

Or 1z Cockpit Premium if I`m in the mood to smell that instead (note that both scents dissipate after just a little while, not like the interior smells "different" when you use those).

Lonnie
07-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I really like Meg`s Detailer Line All-Purpose Cleaner (D101) for cleaning both fabric and vinyl. I know the OP is asking about protecting, but cleaning the surface is the first step in doing the job correctly and this APC properly mixed, a good brush, some elbow-grease scrubbing, and microfiber towels to soak up the dirt suspended within the liquid, are the key to a properly protected surface for do-it-yourselfer.

There`s alot of debate on fabric protectors, and if you feel you need them, use them, especially if you have pets or young people who eat in your car. Some will say protectants on both fabric and vinyl attract more dirt.

I use 303 because it works as far as UV-protection, look matte-like without the plastic shine, doesn`t smell too bad (it will if it is the liquid freezes and rethaws!)and it`s available at most RV or boating supply stores (albeit it is NOT cheap).

Dan
07-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Max Protection: 303

Quick cleanup/No Shine: Megs QID

Make cheap tupperware plastic look great: Megs #40

Awesome Satin Look: Optimum Leather Care

Kean
07-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Or 1z Cockpit Premium if I`m in the mood to smell that instead (note that both scents dissipate after just a little while, not like the interior smells "different" when you use those). I read this and it struck a chord with me. I used to be a big 1Z CP user until I tried Meguiars QID. I found it similar yet cheaper, so it became my "go to" for interior wipe downs. However, I still like to keep a bottle of 1Z CP on hand simply because of the smell. Don`t get me wrong.... I like the way QID smells as well but there`s something with the odor of CP that makes it more pleasant. Certain scents can be even be a little nostalgic for me. ....one reason I still use some products like Sprayway to this day.

I am a big fan of 303 but not for interior surfaces. I really don`t like any kind of added sheen on my interior bits (especially the dashboard) which is why I prefer products like CP and QID. I currently use LM products on the leather inside of my Challenger periodically (for more thorough cleansing/treatment) and just wipe them down during routine cleanings.

EDIT: Here`s a side-by side comparison of 303 & 1Z CP I did a while back on a spare panel I had on hand. While not extreme by any means, I think you can still pick up the satin-like finish 303 leaves vs. the natural look of 1Z. ….surface was prepped using Meg APC+ and the 303 side was buffed down with a dry cloth to help minimize the shine as much as possible:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z174/Kean_1/IMG_0251.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z174/Kean_1/IMG_0254.jpg

Accumulator
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Kean- Yeah, you and I are absolutely of one mind on this :D

Bill D
07-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I like the sheen, but not over-the-top sheen 303 provides me on my daily driver`s black interior. However, I really use it for the protection it provides. Definitely need it here.