PDA

View Full Version : It had been at least 18 months since I last detailed a customer`s MDX

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
...and I was wondering why it was still slick and so easy to wash. Then I noticed this in their garage....

http://uploader.ws/upload/201107/customer_ONR.jpg

SpoolinNoMore
07-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a 2007 MDX and I always attributed the ease of washing to my obsessiveness with detailing it (I have a lot of free time). ONR is apparently like crack for detailers, maybe I should make the switch O_o

Dan
07-06-2011, 04:51 PM
A lot of people are opening their minds to stuff other than the traditional hose and bucket.

Scottwax
07-06-2011, 05:00 PM
A lot of people are opening their minds to stuff other than the traditional hose and bucket.

He saw me washing his vehicles with it and was amazed at how quick it was and how nice the cars looked even prior to polishing and asked what I was using.

C. Charles Hahn
07-06-2011, 05:12 PM

Indeed; the `56 Corvette I detailed last week will (hopefully) now be exclusively washed with ONR. I showed the owner how to use it and even gave him some to start off with.

tom p.
07-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Lol! onr ftw !!

imported_animes2k
07-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I`ve got a couple ounces of ONR left from an 8oz bottle. I`ve also got the better part of a gallon of QEW from years ago. I`m thinking of just giving away the QEW and ordering a gallon of ONR. Since I don`t have a ton of experience with them, is ONR that much better? I do like it so far.

Dan
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I`ve got a couple ounces of ONR left from an 8oz bottle. I`ve also got the better part of a gallon of QEW from years ago. I`m thinking of just giving away the QEW and ordering a gallon of ONR. Since I don`t have a ton of experience with them, is ONR that much better? I do like it so far.

Opinions vary greatly about the ONR vs QEW thing. I liked both and wouldn`t hesitate to buy QEW, I actually preferred the look it left but I think ONR is a bit more slick.

Scottwax
07-06-2011, 08:43 PM

I used QEW a good 11-12 years (pretty sure I was the first to mention it on Autopia in fact) but ONR is a noticeably better product. Slicker, more gloss, makes the water slipperier, easier to use in the full sun, etc. What QEW I had left I ended up using some on wheels and tires and giving the rest away.

Dr. Woo
07-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I find it still takes me around 1.5-2 hours to wash my car with ONR, starting with the wheels and not including any waxing. Been doing it for several months now, and it just doesn`t seem to be getting any quicker. I do have kind of a big car, though.

Dan
07-07-2011, 12:04 PM
You should evaluate what takes time and work to reduce it. I am at 20 minutes for an ONR wash on an average car (not including prep time). That includes wheels, wheel wells, and door jambs.

Scottwax
07-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Same here, wash a section, dry it, move on. Around the car one time and done.

imported_animes2k
07-07-2011, 04:24 PM
It will take me around an hour by hose for an average sedan full wash. About half that with onr.

Dan
07-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Same here, wash a section, dry it, move on. Around the car one time and done.

I try to work in the shade. That way I can dry 1/2 the car or when cooler or more humid, the whole car at once. I find that saves a bit of time too, as well as not having to re-dry sections.

schiddy
07-08-2011, 01:46 AM
those wash mitts are little scary though haha