PDA

View Full Version : FK Paste Wax question??

tsx2004
02-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone compared both the FK pink wax and the FK Hi Temp Paste Wax? I know that some people here use pink wax and says its very good. When i went over to the FK website and cruise around the website for a bit i saw the 1000P Hi Temp Paste Wax.

I just want to know some personal experiences and opinions on this paste wax. The pink wax is #2685 and here is the link to the site:
http://www.fk1usa.com/products-professional.htm

Big Leegr
02-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Pink wax is more of a "show" wax, in that is gives a nice wet, deep, etc. etc.... shine. Hi Temp is supposed to be their most durable paste, however, it leaves a very nice glossy look, so you don`t really give up looks for durability here.
Overall, though, judging from posts from others on various boards, it seems like more people like the Pink Wax than the Hi Temp. Personally, I think it depends on your preferences.
Also, make sure you apply either one very thinly and in the shade for the easiest removal. Neither are made to be used in the sun.

joe.p
02-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Pink wax is more of a "show" wax, in that is gives a nice wet, deep, etc. etc.... shine. Hi Temp is supposed to be their most durable paste, however, it leaves a very nice glossy look, so you don`t really give up looks for durability here.
Overall, though, judging from posts from others on various boards, it seems like more people like the Pink Wax than the Hi Temp. Personally, I think it depends on your preferences.
Also, make sure you apply either one very thinly and in the shade for the easiest removal. Neither are made to be used in the sun.
I think Greg Cavi is familiar with FK1 High Temp Wax..As a matter a fact he was getting rid of some of the high temp a few months ago shoot him a pm..

GregCavi
02-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I think Greg Cavi is familiar with FK1 High Temp Wax..As a matter a fact he was getting rid of some of the high temp a few months ago shoot him a pm..

A little confusion there. I was getting rid of some of the brand "hi temp". The name of this wax is fk1 hi temp. I havnt tried it yet so I cannot comment on looks compared to pink wax, but I know i love pink wax.

Greg

joe.p
02-20-2006, 05:11 PM
A little confusion there. I was getting rid of some of the brand "hi temp". The name of this wax is fk1 hi temp. I havnt tried it yet so I cannot comment on looks compared to pink wax, but I know i love pink wax.

Greg
close no cigar... he he

GregCavi
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
HAHA its k! :yes:

Greg

joyriide1113
02-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Fk1 Pink wax is a carnuba wax. FK1 Hi-Temp is a synthetic paste.

I`v used the Hi-temp on my wheels 3 weeks ago and it really shined them up good. No durabilty issues thus far, but its only been 3 weeks. I expect it to be more durable than 2180 as its designed for the boating world, but definately has its place in automotive since its soo durable and glossy.

klnyc
02-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I have all 3(425,2180 and 1000p) sitting right here, but weather sucks, I can do jack about it. Yeah PinkWax give you that nice wet look(esp on darker cars).
Cheers!

joe.p
02-20-2006, 06:01 PM
After hearing all the good reviews on FKI i was lucky enough to get the sample kit from one of the friendliest members of this city .I will use the kit this spring when i do the entire process over.

Thanks for the kit...