PDA

View Full Version : What`s the deal with edgeless MF towels?

CharlesW
02-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Since there seems to be several new edgeless MF towels being released/promoted, I had a few questions.

Is this a big deal or just another fad?

What`s supposed to be the advantage?

Have any of you ever had a problem with the edges of towels doing damage?
(I haven`t)

Do they make edgeless towels in all types? Waffle weave, terry, etc.

Are they made in a variety of sizes?

Why would I want these in preference to any of the good MF`s that are already available?

Charles

Anthony A
02-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey Charles, I have never had an edge do damage to my paint. I fold the towel carefully and don`t apply pressure to the edge and I have no problem.

The edgeless towels I own are Meguiars Ultimate Wipe, Viking Gold Polishing Towel, and Sonus Polishing Towel (looks identical to the Vikings). All these towels have the same type of weave. They have almost no nap, they are not terry type weaves, and they are excellent at removing difficult to remove products. I have never seen an totally edgeless towel in other weaves other than these.

CharlesW
02-20-2006, 03:05 PM
All these towels have the same type of weave. They have almost no nap, they are not terry type weaves, and they are excellent at removing difficult to remove products. I have never seen an totally edgeless towel in other weaves other than these.Since I don`t use any diffcult to remove products, they will probably be something I can live without.:)
FWIW, my cotton towels I used for years were edgeless, but only because I cut the edge material off the towel. :stick

Charles

DetailQueen
02-20-2006, 03:50 PM
I always find myself folding them up neat too, so the edging is not in contact with the paint.

Mr. Clean
02-20-2006, 10:38 PM
All these towels have the same type of weave. ... I have never seen an totally edgeless towel in other weaves other than these.
Charles, I believe Anthony A has answered your question. These towels do have a unique weave. All of the edgeless towels I have have the same type weave.

I don`t have problems with the edge material of the majority of the towels I own, and each one will remove product, completely and effectively. I believe that this particular weave may be noticeably more effective at removing stubborn products ie. heavier waxes. They are also unique enough not to be mistaken for a glass...interior...QD...final buff etc. etc. etc. towel. I am considering adding a few more to my constantly growing MF stash for the reasons stated above.