PDA

View Full Version : How do I use a chenile bonnet

imported_pdsterns
06-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I came across a chenile bonnet and was wondering how to use it. It looks exactly like a chenile wash mit but has draw strings to snug it up on a DA. It fits nicely over a 6 inch pad.

Lonnie
07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
In a word, DON`T!

Let`s put it this way: would you use a chenile towel to take off the wax on paint? (Yes, I used to before the advent of microfibers)

It might be OK to use when polishing aluminum, llike the big tubes of a pontoon boat or a diamond-plate tool box on a pickup service truck

but today`s clear-coated paint; NO!

Dan
07-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Might be useful for using a dedicated paint cleaner on a really trashed car. Some cars have so much dead paint that any attempt at polishing will just clog up good pads. In those cases I clean the paint first with something like KAIO and then clay and polish.

Accumulator
07-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I`d never touch a car with one if I were concerned about instilling new/more marring. If that`s not a concern, then I too would think along the lines of aggressive paintcleaning/oxidation removal, or maybe using it as one would use a twisted wool pad.

But a whole lot depends on the chenille in question, all cotton is not created equal. Many of us have used cotton for aggressive (first step) correction by hand, but many of us have also marred paint by drying it with a "nice soft fluffy 100% cotton" towel too.