PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a 2000+ Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, or Escalade: Does your car do this?

BluBrett
06-28-2011, 03:11 PM
For at least the past year, my Tahoe has had something dripping out from between the rear glass and hatch. I have cleaned multiple times with 3D APC, HD TOTAL, and other cleaners in the area the drippage comes from, but it won`t go away permanently. The rear hatch/glass was replaced in 2005 due to an accident, which was probably about 15,000 miles ago (The car only has 66,000 miles.) This car sits in the garage and is usually driven maybe once a week, so it doesn`t even have any time to collect whatever this is; I know it is coming from the car and it isn`t something from outside. It is also sticky enough to the point that clay doesn`t even touch it. If I let it sit for a while, the area has to be polished. Here is a picture of the drippage:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx25/blubrett/001-14.jpg

Does anyone else with a Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, or Escalade have this issue?

StuLax18
06-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Have you popped open the glass? Maybe it`s a hatch shock.

BluBrett
06-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Have you popped open the glass? Maybe it`s a hatch shock.

Yeah, that`s what I`m thinking now. I always clean under the glass when I wash the car, and I really can`t tell where the leakage starts. But now that I paid attention, the leakage is directly under the hatch shock. Time to replace... Again.

Accumulator
06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
BluBrett- Once you get that resolved, you might want to PPF the area under the wiper ;)

BluBrett
06-29-2011, 10:26 PM
BluBrett- Once you get that resolved, you might want to PPF the area under the wiper ;)

Actually, with the way the wiper is set up, it slides up and out of the holder it sits in and doesn`t touch the car until it gets to the glass. I was worried about the blade touching the paint for a while too, but then I had someone go in the car and turn the wiper on. Kind of confusing the way I wrote it...

Accumulator
06-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Actually, with the way the wiper is set up, it slides up and out of the holder it sits in and doesn`t touch the car until it gets to the glass...

Ah, OK, lucky you! On my Yukon XLD it just barely contacted the paint so I had ebpcivicsi PPF it...and then I didn`t want to mar up the PPF so I still hardly ever used the rear wiper :o Gee, hope its new owner appreciated that, bet it looks like, well...something else... now anyhow.