PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get white WHITE

Pages : [1] 2

highbl00d
06-27-2011, 12:49 PM
I have a white suv and for the most part its fairly clean. There are some areas that give me a hard time though... behind the rear tires there seems to be stains almost... like dirt. I once claybarred it and it never really went away...

What do you guys suggest and what are you using to get white vehicles looking great?

TedFred
06-27-2011, 01:16 PM
You have to polish the white paint periodically. I use Meguiars D151 paint reconditioning cream on my white cars. It works great at taking off the staining and it polishes and waxes in one step. You can always use a dedicated polish if you want then wax but it takes longer

highbl00d
06-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I forget which Menzerna I have, but it was given t ome because of its cutting properties... I was being told that I may need to spend more time using that... but for richer deeper gloss on white, I kinda want to use my old blackfire wet diamond, but I also wanna use ZAIO with it.

Brad B
06-27-2011, 07:30 PM
For lower panels that get a lot of abuse I would polish with a sealant that has an abrasive and chemical cleaner in it. If you want something effective and cheap try getting some NuFinish at a local store. It`s everywhere. The cheap stuff in the orange container. It cleans well and is reasonably durable...more so than any carnauba waxes. It may not be the `designer` choice for all my detailing needs but for dirty work it does the trick. I use it on all my wheels with great results.

Anyway, it`s a low-investment way to try something you can pick up tonight! Oh, and get some foam applicators too!

Accumulator
06-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I forget which Menzerna I have, but it was given t ome because of its cutting properties... I was being told that I may need to spend more time using that... but for richer deeper gloss on white, I kinda want to use my old blackfire wet diamond, but I also wanna use ZAIO with it.

When I got my white Crown Vic it was more like "medium gray with splotchy darker areas".

I decontaminated with FK1119, clayed while treating with ValuGard "B", compounded with M105 and OHC, polished with M205, and then used ZAIO. Since then I`ve touched up areas as needed with the ZAIO after spot-claying.

IMO clearcoat is clearcoat; I treat white pretty much the same way I treat any other color.

tom p.
06-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Keeping a white car looking perfect is far more work than I would have imagined....`til I owned one. It seems to show everything and anything.

imported_animes2k
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Funny, I tend to think that white hides light dirt well. BUT, when it`s clean it really shines.

Accumulator
06-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Funny, I tend to think that white hides light dirt well. BUT, when it`s clean it really shines.

Same finding here, as long as the dirt isn`t anything really dark in color.

Brad B
06-28-2011, 12:59 PM
My favorite is silver. Lowest maintenance color ever! My silver cars keep me sane.

Bill D
06-28-2011, 01:04 PM
My favorite is silver. Lowest maintenance color ever! My silver cars keep me sane.

I guess one day I`ll follow in my father`s footsteps. He always gloats about how it stays clean while I struggle looking at all angles for the marring I want to correct.

Scottwax
06-28-2011, 02:07 PM

Same here, haven`t washed mine in 3 weeks now. Rained twice, still looks presentable.

RaskyR1
06-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I`m thinking the stains/dirt you are talking about is rust blooms (iron particles embedded into the clear) and you will need a product called IronX to remove them. After that just about any polish should do fine whether it`s Megs, Menz, Opti, 3D.....

TedFred
06-28-2011, 02:14 PM

I have both white and silver. Silver is so easy to keep clean. I didn`t wash my car for two weeks due to a medical issue and I still get compliments.

Accumulator
06-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I have both white and silver. Silver is so easy to keep clean. I didn`t wash my car for two weeks due to a medical issue and I still get compliments.

Wonder why my white car doesn`t seem to need cleaning much more than my silver ones :confused: :nixweiss

I sure can live with more imperfections on white too, not even *close* in that regard. The Crown Vic needs sooo much paintwork but it just doesn`t leap out at me the way it would on silver.

Heh heh...gee, you "didn`t wash for two weeks due to a medical issue", often I don`t wash for longer than that with no good excuses :o

TedFred
06-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Wonder why my white car doesn`t seem to need cleaning much more than my silver ones :confused: :nixweiss

I sure can live with more imperfections on white too, not even *close* in that regard. The Crown Vic needs sooo much paintwork but it just doesn`t leap out at me the way it would on silver.

Heh heh...gee, you "didn`t wash for two weeks due to a medical issue", often I don`t wash for longer than that with no good excuses :o

In my area (Southern Californnia) I tend to get a lot of black dust from the roads. It doesn`t rain much and that could be the issue. On point number two I usually wash once a week and wipe the car down in between that all the while keeping the car in the garage at night. During the time My dad was in the hospital I probably went three weeks without a wash and kept the car outside.