PDA

View Full Version : How much should an amatuer charge to outside wash?

Nikko Speed
06-23-2011, 03:22 AM
hi guys, new here. decided this would be the best spot for a silly post like this.

im 19 years old and have been washing, waxing, interior detailing since i was 12 but only recently started learning how to do things professionally. i was wondering how much do you think i should charge people to wash there cars this would include hand wash, wheel/tire wash and dress, and maybe waxing for extra money. no interior because ive been going door to door and thats pretty sketchy since its door to door mobile. and no polish or buff because i dont know how to.

anyways what do you think is a fair price to charge? for an outside wash from a 19 year old kid going door to door in a uniform with quality products?

ive been asking 10 for a wash on most cars and 20 with wax. but dont seem to get much business. and it takes me about 30-60 minutes for a good outside wash

amcdonal86
06-23-2011, 08:29 AM
I would be nervous to do any work to someone`s car as a professional without going through the proper routes of starting a business (and protecting your personal assets, although at your age you probably don`t have any) such as forming an LLC, acquiring garage keepers insurance, etc.

But if you are just doing this for friends and neighbors, I think $20-30 for an exterior wash and $50-60 for a wash and wax is pretty fair.

Seems to me if you`re not offering any interior cleaning services and you don`t know how to polish, you should do a lot of reading on this site as it is a wealth of information! Best of luck!

Scottwax
06-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Your age shouldn`t matter, the quality of your work should. I agree with the $20-30,, especially if you are using their water and electricity.

nushine31223
06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Dont worry about it bud... when i first opened nushine i was 15 and for dome reason(i have no clue wht) my clients trusted tht i would do a good job.2 years doown the road... i am 17 now and i am glad to say tht i have about 90% of tht same clientele as i did before. This goes to show tht age plays no role. You need to be a good salesman and you need to get to know your clients on a personal level. Oh and $25 for wash and $45 for wash and wax

Good luck to ya pal,

Nick

amcdonal86
06-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Your age shouldn`t matter, the quality of your work should. I agree with the $20-30,, especially if you are using their water and electricity.

Wasn`t suggesting that age matters. Was just commenting on the fact that we live in an extremely litigious society.

Again, best of luck to the OP and I am sure that you will find success!

Nikko Speed
06-25-2011, 05:43 PM
thanks guys!

and i have been reading alot of the threads on this forum and have learned so much already in the past few days. still SOO much more to learn.

and i have about 6 weekly usuals in my neighborhood but alot of people look at me like im crazy when i tell them 15 or 20 for a wash, i dont know if they think washing a car is a simple task or if its just the neighborhood income level.

and i love to do full interior cleanings but since its a door to door type thing i highly doubt people would let me in their cars because fear of theft which is perfectly acceptable.

thanks for the feedback guys. now to read some more :]