PDA

View Full Version : Fix It!

christitan21
06-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Here is what i did to fix the ugly marks.

Dawn wash

Rewash with megs gold class

Mothers pre wax

Mothers Seal and Glaze

Mothers Carnauba wax

Done with foam wax pads

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/christitan27/?albumview=slideshow)

JohnKleven
06-18-2011, 06:04 PM
I would be interested to see if it`s really fixed. The lighting is not as good in the after shots, and those Mother`s products may have some fillers in them. Let us know how it goes, but looks good now.

John

Accumulator
06-18-2011, 07:11 PM
christitan21- What did the marks end up being, as far as you can tell?

I too wonder if it`s truly "corrected" or whether this will end up being a temporary fix, but at least you`re a lot happier with it now. IF you decide you need to redo it, I`d sure work on very small areas while constantly checking your progress.

christitan21
06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I think that i did not get all of the megs scratch x off.

Accumulator
06-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I think that i did not get all of the megs scratch x off.

Ah, if that`s the case then maybe things are well sorted out now.

amcdonal86
06-19-2011, 03:19 PM
christitan21- What did the marks end up being, as far as you can tell?

I too wonder if it`s truly "corrected" or whether this will end up being a temporary fix, but at least you`re a lot happier with it now. IF you decide you need to redo it, I`d sure work on very small areas while constantly checking your progress.I, too, am curious!

Accumulator
06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
I, too, am curious!

Ya know, I don`t want to beat christitan21 over the head with that whole subject; I`m trying to be sensible and I think of Mike Phillips`s simple take on detailing: "Does the vehicle look better?".

For somebody working without a detailing shop full of stuff, I could argue that even just redoing the "temporary fix" approach now and then as needed is a perfectly fine way to go.

We get so, uhm.....Autopian about this stuff, if you know what I mean ;)

amcdonal86
06-19-2011, 04:04 PM
I definitely agree with the "does it look better" approach. If I can`t see or tell the difference, then why would I care! :D

I try not to be too anal retentive, otherwise "normal" people get really annoyed at me!