PDA

View Full Version : Most used pad for 1 step production details?

D_Nyholm
06-14-2011, 07:48 PM
I use D151 for 90% of my production details and I am trying to nail down a good pad to use. I`ve been going between LC White pads, LC Hydrotech Tangerine and Cyan, Detailer Domain Uber Polish Pads, etc...

I feel that I normally grab the White pads, but I wish I could get a little more correction out of them as this process basically only leaves a shine on the paint, but does not really remove much. I`ve used the Cyan pads, and I feel they correct just slightly better but are finicky on how much product you use and you have to clean them often. The Uber pads just seem to darn stiff and don`t comform like the white pad does.

What do you normally use? Yes, i know there are many variables that determine the pad you chose, but there has to be a pad that you typically pick up or stock more of for your 1 step details?

Legacy
06-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Pads are important, but I think the polish you are using is more so.

Barry Theal
06-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Buff and Shine green pad is a great one. IM waiting for these new flat pads from 3d though. They look promisng.

D_Nyholm
06-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Where does the Buff And Shine green pad fall as far as cut? I`d like to get a little more cut than the white pads and still have them finish down nicely on most paints.

JohnKleven
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I like the green Lake Country CCS pads if you`re using a dual action polisher, but with a rotary you`re better off with white.

John

imported_sal329
06-14-2011, 09:13 PM
LC Orange and Buff and Shine Yellow. With D151 your final 2 passes use just the weight of the machine and the finish comes out great.

Scottwax
06-14-2011, 10:12 PM
On most paints, I use the orange Optimum cutting pad and on soft paints, the yellow Meguiars polishing pad.

I`ve found I can get decent correction using Meguiars D300 and the MF cutting disc on harder paints and have it finish down really well.

usdm
06-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Hey guys.

For most of the 1-steps Ive done in the past, I found the Megs yellow and the LC orange worked a little better for me in most cases. Beyond that, I just switch out which 1-steps I think will best do what I need them to do:

TOL snap seal

HT fine finish

HT paint perfection glaze

Optimum poli seal

Kaio

In the future, Im going to try playing with the surbufs or the mf/da to see what kind of results I can get with them.

Junebug
06-15-2011, 06:43 AM
I use Megs MF cutting pads and UNO.

David Fermani
06-15-2011, 10:16 AM
It all depends on the paint and polish you`re using, but for 1 steps, I`m using LC flat and thin foam pads the most.

Accumulator
06-15-2011, 10:27 AM
I`d consider the orange Griot`s polishing pad. Presumably similar to the LC tangerine hydrotech, but the Griot`s wear like iron, I`ve never had a problem with one. Might be just a tad gentle thouh...

C. Charles Hahn
06-15-2011, 01:18 PM
I`ve always used a bunch of the Meguiar`s yellow polishing pads... but lately I`ve found myself reaching for an MF cutting pad more often than not.

pwaug
12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
IM waiting for these new flat pads from 3d though. They look promisng.

Assuming you`ve had a chance to use the HD pads, what are your impressions with UNO? I`m new to the machine polishing side of detailing. Or would I be OK with the LC Flat Pads with UNO?