PDA

View Full Version : Polish/Sealent/Wax question from a virtual newcomer to detailing!

Diablo96
06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Now, this question has probably been asked a million times:

1. What is the best polish/sealer/wax combination giving the `wettest` look on a black show car. As I do not drive the Murciealgo often, longevity is not my main consideration

2. Same as above, but for a daily use vehicle, so the wax needs to last!

I am about to buy a dual action polisher and I currently have Poorboys Blackhole and Collinite 476s

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Accumulator
06-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Diablo96- Some sorta-random thoughts follow:

-#1 priority IMO would be to develop a marring-free wash routine

-correct all the marring and most any wax will look stunning (I`ve had "experts" at a concours think that 476S was something fancy just because it was over well-prepped paint)

-Which polish(es) will depend on the paint in question and the severity of the defects, so I`d just be guessing

-If you`re buying a polisher, I`d steer you towards the Griot`s Garage 6" Random Orbital

Diablo96
06-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I am buying new buckets, lids and a grit guard. I will also invest in a snlow foam lance. The Lambo should be reurning from from defects, so I hope I will not need to conceal anything. Your points are well taken.

Thanks.

Guitarist302008
06-12-2011, 01:14 AM
I would make sure that your wash and dry methods are very good to make sure you don`t get any marring during that time. Get a good wash mitt, a good car wash that doesn`t strip your wax/sealant, and obviously you want to get a nice soft drying towel, chamios or electric blower that a lot of guys are now using. The less you have touch the paint, the less chance of marring.