PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot dad....

Pages : [1] 2

AcuraYYZ
06-02-2011, 03:21 PM
So this morning I wake up to find the landscapers have cut the lawn and like usual the car got grass on it. The previous week I told my dad to ask them to try and blow the grass off the car when they are done so it doesn`t cling to the paint. This time I guess he saw some clippings on the car and decided to help me out by wiping the grass off with a scrap rag. The whole hood, sides, and bumper (which was just painted last week :angry) is now showing signs of holograms when looked at in the sunlight. I am extremely pissed off as I try to keep my car relatively hologram free (not necessarily perfect, but the best I can). He has no concept of swirls/holograms as in his mind "Car companies have engineers that design the paint/clear so that it doesn`t scratch so easily". My car is a darker silver color so the defects are more visible compared to his light colored car (which I`m sure would be totally opaque if it was black) which he waxes with rags and takes through the soft-cloth washes. He keeps laughing and joking about how stupid I`m being. I am not going to make him pay for a full correction as that would be pretty harsh. I applied a bit of Meg`s 9 wax to the bumper which sort of hid the holograms but I`m worried they`ll just come back when the wax fails.

I`m so ****ing pissed about this but I can`t take it out on him as he will just ***** and moan about how stupid I am when it comes to taking care of the paint. I just want the holograms to be gone. :angry:angry

Brad B
06-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Bummer. I feel for you and your predicament.

AcuraYYZ
06-02-2011, 03:28 PM
I do not have a RO so I am going to be doing the correction by hand either way. Like I said, I don`t care about having the car totally swirl free but the long lines that I can see in the sunlight are bugging me. If it makes any difference, the rag wasn`t dirty but it wasn`t in a clean environment plus the paint probably had some road dust or whatever on it that probably got rubbed against the paint. It isn`t the whole car.

Dan
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
My dad is the same way, I love him to death but he just has no understanding/respect for cars. I once got a brand new (white) truck, probably had it less than a month, it was soo spotless. I figured I`d let him borrow it to be nice, he brought it back completely covered in mud.

TedFred
06-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Sounds like you are living rent free in you fathers house. I have a suggestion.... Move out and get a house of you own. It must not be to bad at his house or you would have joined the army or something. Publically humiliating you father when he was trying to do you a favor. I have half a mind to spank you myself.

AcuraYYZ
06-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Sounds like you are living rent free in you fathers house. I have a suggestion.... Move out and get a house of you own. It must not be to bad at his house or you would have joined the army or something

I have a suggestion, comment on the original post with help that is relevant to the issue or GTFO. I didn`t ask for life advice.

TedFred
06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I have a suggestion, comment on the original post with help that is relevant to the issue or GTFO. I didn`t ask for life advice.

Ok here goes with the detailing advice... Get your own garage

Ben@3D
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Come on guys, dont make me have to separate you!

TedFred
06-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Sorry I stand corrected. I agree that I need to be more polished in my responses.

06-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Please go tell your dad he`s going to have to pay for a full detail now, and let us know how that goes.

gt08vapor
06-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Some great advice in here.

Scottwax
06-02-2011, 09:34 PM
My Dad`s `04 Accord is still practically swirl free, and that is because of him, not me.

I hear ya on the landscapers though, I swear some days they follow me around and I have to deal with those damn blowers getting grass everywhere. :mad:

Dr. Woo
06-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Makes me glad I`m my own landscaper. Being able to move the car out of harm`s way comes in handy.

Bill D
06-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Makes me glad I`m my own landscaper. Being able to move the car out of harm`s way comes in handy.

I`ll second that. So am I. My cars aren`t around when they are but still, I`ve found myself having some issues with landscapers. Can`t win. :wall

amcdonal86
06-03-2011, 10:10 AM
This is the price we pay for being Autopian. It`s just part of the "cost of doing business". I can`t expect everyone who is around my car to automatically become an Autopian, especially when I`m not around.

I appreciate people`s good intentions, whether or not what they do pisses me off or not!