PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Opti-guard/Optimum Opti-Coat experience?

Zork
06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Any detailer`s familiar with the Optimum product line in the area? Just purchased a new car that I would like to have this product applied. From what I understand the coat 2.0 system can be done by a non professional but I am not comfortable doing the prep work needed to apply this product. Also I got suckered by the dealer in putting the "Zurich shield" stuff on my car so I am guessing that needs to be removed (if anything was even put on).

Thanks in advance for any advice or referrals.

C. Charles Hahn
06-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Would help if we knew what area you`re in to help with a referral....

Zork
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Doh! Thanks I thought I put that in... In the Baltimore, Maryland area.

Thomas Dekany
06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Contact DJ Mayo.

imported_DetailDan
06-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Great product. The application itself is pretty straight forward.

Zork
06-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Contact DJ Mayo.

Website is down and it looks like his account is banned. I might be looking up the wrong person!?!? Is DJ_Mayo Got_Leather on the forum? Just found his email address I will try and email that.

Zork
06-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Great product. The application itself is pretty straight forward.

From the research here and other forums it does look like a good product. I just to have the skills, tools, or area to do that type of work. Trying to get a driveway installed at the house but that is going to be a while (freaking permits). Even when I get a driveway I don`t have any shade :-(

I am going to send an email to DJ but I think he is a bit far away to become a regular visitor. So I guess I am looking for two things one someone who knows the product and how to apply it and second a good detailer that can be my regular goto guy. Would be great if that could be the same person but not a big deal if I have to take it to two different people.

Dan I take it you have applied the product before? Do you also do mobile work? Can`t check out your site here at work because it has D&D in it...LOL stupid web filters. I will check it out from home tonight.

Thomas Dekany
06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
yes, that is him. he is rebuilding the site. e mail him.

rwright
06-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Man, another thread for NoVA/Baltimore...maybe it`s time to move :)