PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6

BostonBull
05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Just picked up an `10 Accord Ex-L Alabaster Silver with black leather interior. Need some product advice for protecting my new ride.

Looking for a good wax/sealant (which is best for this paint?) that I can apply by hand, something to help protect the wheels between washing and make cleaning them easier, and leather protectant. This leather feels pretty cheap, even cheaper than the leather in our `06 Accord. What can I put on the chrome exhaust tips to keep em shiny and easy to clean?

Anything to watch out for with this model?

Not looking to start a flame war here, just what has worked for others who own or have worked on similar Honda`s.

vaboom123
05-30-2011, 10:42 PM
My mother has just about the same car. I use FK1000p or Collinite 845 to protect the finish. I visit my parents every month or so and these products work great to protect the finish. They also see harsh winters in WI and perform great.

Scottwax
05-31-2011, 12:38 AM
What criteria meets your definition of "the best"? Kind of hard to recommend a specific product without knowing exactly what you are looking for.

You can wax or seal the wheels to make them easier to clean. Every time you wash your car, wipe down the interior with a clean, damp MF towel. Dirt is the real enemy of leather and whatever you can do to minimize it will make the leather last longer.

Optimum Metal Polish works great on exhaust tips and offers some protection as well.