PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz hazing problem

Douglesso
05-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Just got finished applying cquartz after thoroughly cleaning my acura TL. The temperature is about 27C/80F. The fluid hazed up within minutes, but I waited per the directions about 20 mins before wiping it down. No matter how hard I wipe the surface, the hazing is not coming out. I even put a MF bonnet on my buffer and it had no effect. Any ideas to clean up this mess?

wannafbody
05-30-2011, 10:22 AM
It may be trapped solvents-over a couple days they may just go away.

Douglesso
05-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Just to follow up for everyone that might see this post. I had to remove the hazed cquartz using M105 and polish the paint surface back up with M205. The stuff is a little fickle to say the least. To anyone considering using cquartz, be sure to experiment with it before covering your entire car. It needs to go on as thin as possible and I would say the paint temp cannot be above 80F or it will dry too quickly. If it gets too sticky to wipe off with MF, then use IPA immediately to get it off. Once its dry, it on your car for a long time (which is why you probably bought it in the first place). I was able to get a really nice finish in cooler conditions using a shorter dry time (10 mins) and working smaller sections at a time.