PDA

View Full Version : Comments on my process

Don
05-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Before I could give my car a proper spring cleaning I had a bit of a mishap (see "Oh Deer" in the break room for details). Anyway the new parts made the original stuff look terrible. Here`s the process I used to bring life back to the rest of the car and I just wanted some opinions on the methods I used.

wash

clay

swirlX (couldn`t find my UC, found it afterwards though :wall2 )

Deep Crystal #2 (I ran out of #7)

NXT 2.0 x 2

So after the wash & clay, I gave the car a nice, slow rub with the swirlX using a polishing pad on 5. Wiped that off with a microfiber and rubbed in the DC2 with a finishing pad on 3. It never dried on me, just worked down to a near-invisible haze. After that. I put the first coat of NXT2 on straight over top of the polish using a finishing pad on 3. Then after wiping the haze off, I applied the second coat of NXT2 with a fresh finishing pad, again on speed 3. While I was waiting for this layer to set up, I did the glass w/rainX, dressed the tires and poliished/waxed the areas I can`t reach with the PC. I must have circled my car about six times with all the steps, but it was worth it. I even spritzed on some UQD on the hood and front bumper cover so at least there is something on the surface.

Again, I wish my camera was working, but you`ll just have to take my word for it, the car is a beautiful shade of red again.

PS A few hours later I applyed a layer of M21 by hand just for the fun of it.

TedFred
05-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Sounds great to me...As long as you like the look that is what matters:smile1: