PDA

View Full Version : Best/Favorite Hand Polish?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Skybax
05-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Hi all,

I`ve been using Megs #9 as hand polish for years and I really like it.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a similar or better product?

I`m using it on a 15-year-old white paint job with clear coat.

Just want something to use before wax as a maintenance product to keep the surface clean.

And yes I know, hand polish will not get the results like a DA will. I know. I enjoy polishing and waxing by hand. :)

Scottwax
05-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Clearkotes Red Machine Glaze is pretty amazing stuff.

imported_Skybax
05-25-2011, 12:09 AM
After doing some reading, I think I would like to try Duragloss 501 and their Aquawax. Thoughts?

dogma
05-25-2011, 03:24 AM
Another vote for RMG or VHMG or a combo of both.

imported_Skybax
05-25-2011, 06:46 AM
For older white paint with clearcoat, I wouldn`t think RMG would be the best product to clean the surface before waxing. I was under the impression that RMG was a oily glaze best used on dark colors.

Scottwax
05-25-2011, 08:37 AM
RMG does have some minor cleaning ability and it isn`t nearly as oily as something like Meguiars #7. Looks great on all colors. If you want a little more cut (similar to #9), then Vanilla Moose would be the better choice.

TedFred
05-25-2011, 09:42 AM
You could try a good cleaner wax. I like Megs D151 on white cars. Keeps the car clean and applies a coat of wax at the same time. It works good by hand and is easy to get off. I like useing it on and around door handles for the cleaning effects. The only drawback is that you have to buy a gallon of the stuff.

kb2ehj
05-25-2011, 09:49 AM
The only drawback is that you have to buy a gallon of the stuff.

Wouldn`t call that a drawback....lol.....Good stuff to have on hand.

Dan
05-25-2011, 09:58 AM
After doing some reading, I think I would like to try Duragloss 501 and their Aquawax. Thoughts?

DG 501 is great stuff but ZAIO is better, but either is a great choice in the cleaning dept. Another decent choice if you need some filling ability is Autoglym SRP. If you need a really good hand polish, HD Poxy is great as well as Zaino ZPC. Both are strong enough to remove defects by hand if you have the time.

I did a little cleaning comparison here:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/133169-aios-how-do-they-stack-up-paint-cleaning-dept.html

Accumulator
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
... ZAIO is... a great choice in the cleaning dept. Another decent choice if you need some filling ability is Autoglym SRP...

I sure agree about both of those :xyxthumbs

I have ZAIO on my white car and it looks swell.

TedFred
05-28-2011, 09:55 AM
[quote name=`yakky`] If you need a really good hand polish, HD Poxy is great as well as Zaino ZPC. Both are strong enough to remove defects by hand if you have the time.

I think you got the name wrong. I don`t think HD poxy has any cleaning ability. I Just checked my collection and I can`t feel any abrasiveness. Great sealant though. I think that you must mean HD Uno

MichaelM
05-28-2011, 10:03 AM
If you like #9 try #80. It has more cut but finishes nice.

Dan
05-28-2011, 08:34 PM
[quote name=`yakky`]

I think you got the name wrong. I don`t think HD poxy has any cleaning ability. I Just checked my collection and I can`t feel any abrasiveness. Great sealant though. I think that you must mean HD Uno

Good catch, I did mean UNO!

Thomas Dekany
05-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Another vote for UNO and P1

TedFred
05-29-2011, 01:44 PM
I also like the way that M80 finishes. It is a good final polish with diminishing abrasives...not a lot of cut but a nice smooth finish for a car that is already really clean, a great one step, and it is cheap at Amazon. If the car is dirty or stained the Megs D151 is a lot more abrasive.