PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax to buy b/w $50 and $70.

Pages : [1] 2

Mike777G
05-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Can anyone steer me in the right direction. I want a wax for higher end cars to add as an option for my clients. Price should be around $60

I have looked at

zymol titianium estate

zymol carbon wax

chemical guys pete`s 53

Which of these, or are there anymore I should look at?

Thanks all

-Mike

JohnZ3MC
05-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Victoria Concours and here`s the link:

Victoria Wax - Wax - Paste (http://www.victoriawax.com/cart.php?target=category&category_id=60)

Dan
05-24-2011, 07:57 AM
CG50/50. I`ve used some expensive waxes, including the Zymol estate series and Fusion and I always go back to 50/50. While the others might look better in certain conditions, 50/50 has such a wide range, it looks great on different colors and different lighting. Petes 53 was a dud for me.

D_Nyholm
05-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I`m recently really liking Wolfgang Fuzion. Seems to last a decent amount, looks great on almost any color and is super easy to use. You can get the mini size for $50 and get a good 20-30 applications out of it. Also, look at picking up a 6 pot Dodo juice sampler so you have choices for your clients? Or even the new supernatural hybrid, but don`t know much about it yet...

akimel
05-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Every once in a blue moon, Fuzion goes on sale for half off (with refill). This would bring it down into your price range. It`s an excellent wax, easy to apply and remove, and would work well on all colors.

At the moment I am really enjoying Victoria Concours Red on my black car, but I`m not sure if it`s a wax for all colors and cars. Perhaps Bence can chime in. I would also take a very serious look at Victoria`s Chaos and Mayhem hybrid waxes. They have been getting excellent reviews.

Bill D
05-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Fuzion is all I have on my my new car and I`m stunned with the looks. I`d vote for it as a high end LSP option. I have the small 3oz jar and it`s plenty. Put on just enough that it`s barely visible, and it ought to go a long way.

JohnKleven
05-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Any of the Dodo Juice waxes are excellent.

Xilleration
05-24-2011, 10:47 AM
I know its a sealant rather than a wax, but you should check RMP Super Crystal Diamond Glaze. Applied with a DA and soft pad, I haven`t seen anything as good, natural or synthetic - and I`ve used SV, Zymol, Dodo, CG Pete`s etc.

Its a carbon-silicon bonding sealant, so very durable, protective and super-glossy. You can stick wax on top if you want, but I never felt the need.

Scottwax
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I agree with the Fuzion suggestions as well. Very good looking wax, easy on and off.

Mike777G
05-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Ok, for whats available in my area its b/w the CG 50/50 and the dodo juice series. It would be a bit harder to get the fuzion for me but still possible. I am leaning towards the 50/50 because of its diversity and availability in my area.

Thanks for the feedback I well need to try that fuzion wax soon as well.

akimel
05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a good choice. 50/50 is a consistently well-reviewed product.

FDNY1075
05-25-2011, 12:47 AM
How does Fuzion look vs Souveran?

Alfisti
05-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Go for 5050. It`s a great allrounder for a premium looking wax.

Although, HD Poxy looks amazing at any price.

D_Nyholm
05-27-2011, 08:43 AM
How does Fuzion look vs Souveran?

I used souveran for 2 years on my black 911. I thought it looked great. I borrowed a friends Fuzion to give a try and I felt that it looked darker and also had more reflection. I guess it was less of a carnauba look and more of a synthetic look, but it still looked better. It was also easier to remove (less oily) and seems to last longer (based on the other cars I`ve since applied it to). I liked it so much more that I bought some.

I currently have the car setup at 50:50 souveran:fuzion to see what else I can see from it, bit I just did that last weekend and the car hasn`t been out since.

imported_Bence
05-27-2011, 09:47 AM
With the recent trend of including more and more synthetic components into a given recipe, products like Fuzion gained considerably. However, one must decide about the exact, expected visual impact. Pure(r) carnaubas are mercilessly honest products that are showing the surface in its original condition. They are not flashy, not greasy, not oily-looking - and can render colors and reflections beautifully. Waxes with synthetics are more prominent, sometimes wetter, and IMO generally "talk louder". And as our world is getting more crowded, a louder, more obvious superstimulus is the one which grabs the attention.

I like when my car looks just honest, glowing in a subdued way, but also when it`s bright and dripping wet. My mood dictates the products - but I know very precisely what I want to achieve with a given look/appearance.

I think that the Vic Concours is a great honest wax, a traditional pure carnauba, Chaos is a bright, eye catching wax with honesty sprinkled in (no scents, no colors). Mayhem is somewhere in-between, but a tad closer to the Chaos.

My other recommendations are AGHD, RG55 and the newest Bilt-Hamber waxes. Colli 915 is always a worthy player too - but these are "just" performance-oriented products, not braggy ones. Maybe it`s just me, but I simply can`t respect brands because of their perceived aura.