PDA

View Full Version : Name the product that surprised you [for good or bad]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jean-Claude
05-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Title says it all.

Tell us what product knocked your socks off with how great it was. Or, tell us how overrated a product was.

David Fermani
05-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Great thread JC!

Best:

*4000 grit Micro-Mesh sandpaper - Fell in love with it at the 1st swipe.

*Leather Doctor Ink & Dye Remover - Works amazing.

*Opti-Coat - Unlike any product I`ve ever used.

*Meguiar`s Micro Fiber cutting pads - Best DA pad I`ve ever used.

Worst:

Clay block. A total waste.

imported_01GreyStangGT
05-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Collinite 845- perfect for a car that sits outside.

Scottwax
05-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Armor All-much better tire/fenderwell dressing than I expected it to be.

Optimum Opti-Seal-best bird bomb resistance I`ve seen in any wax or sealant. Usually, carnaubas have given me the best bird bomb protection but OS is even better

Optimum Hyper Polish on single stage paints-I`d been using Meguiars 80 series polishes on single stage paints since the oils in them seem to rejuvenate dead single stage paint. However, after trying OHP this past summer on a single stage white Land Cruiser, I found it to be significantly better on single stage even though it was developed with harder clears and not single stage paint.

Detailer`s Pride Poli-Coat-holds up very well to harsh spray wash detergents and resists dust build-up better than any product I`ve used-customers have noticed it too.

Thomas Dekany
05-21-2011, 01:53 AM
HD UNO, Best polish I ever used

HD POXY - best looking lsp to my eyes

Dodo Juice - best looking pre wax polish yet.

P1 polish - just so so.

loodi
05-21-2011, 07:54 AM
im using tons of this:

INDUSTRIAL CLEANERS - Wurth Industry Cleaner 500ml - Tarcisio Caruana Ltd (http://www.tarcisiocaruana.com/item.asp?cid=&cp=XFI=&bid=WQ==&pid=WQ==&id=WlRQ)

buying it in huge quantities so it costs even less, but it performs great on almost every surface that needs to be cleaned. great for removing tar and bugs, good for cleaning and removing wax before polishing, awesome for cleaning the engine, wheels,wheel arches, undercarriage, great for very dirty interiors cause it leaves a good lemon-like smell.

and not too agressive, tried it on acryl, urethane, water based paints for all needs (automotive paint, furniture varnishes, boat paints....).

its like a combination of a huge variety of good products mixed together.

one day ill try if it cures some diseases... :)

2nd product that amazes me is the 3m synthetic wax:

Protecting a Car`s Finish with 3M Performance Finish Synthetic Wax. Video instructions and product recommendations. 3M: US (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Car/Care/DIY_Projects/Appearance/Protecting_a_Car_Finish/)

i use it when a customer has nice b**bs... uhm.... when a customer is an ok person and it needs just a fast wash. if they have 2-3mins more to spare, i use this wax to hide away the fingernail scratches on the door handles. of course they become visible after a few months, but its just a great product to have for such needs.

not to mention how easy its to use and the surprising durability of the product.

The Count
05-21-2011, 08:21 AM
303 aerospace, BFWD I new it would be good but I love it its great.

Street5927
05-21-2011, 09:30 AM
BEST:

BFWD

AUTOGLYM SRP & EGP

DETAIL KING SPOT SHOT CARPET STAIN REMOVER

DETAIL KING BRAKE UP WHEEL CLEANER

OPTIMUM HC/HP SPRAY

PFW PADS

WORST:

POORBOYS SR1; 2; 2.5; 3- Have almost full bottles I should just throw away.

3M PERFORMANCE WAX

loodi
05-21-2011, 11:43 AM
street5927, why dont you like the performance wax from 3m? i find it great for cheap and fast waxing after minor to medium detailings if the customer wants to spend less than i charge for my other 2 favorites; sonax carnauba and meguiars synth wax.

also works like a fast glaze by filling minor scratches wich usually isnt easy to find on the european market. (even meguiars products are hard to find wich you can find almost anywhere in the US)

(obviously there are some variations as we are all just humans. someone likes a product more maybe cause his technique works great with that same product while someone else hates it cause he uses a different method...)

i can already see that this is a great thread. gz to the starter of it. i may be learn something new.

Jpostal
05-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Duragloss Aquawax is my all time favorite product. Nothing fancy or exciting about it, but it out performs all other spray waxes I have used.

Ch96067
05-21-2011, 12:32 PM
+

S100 wax 100% vfm.

CG new look trim gel. Does exactly what it says and will last for ever!

-

845 IW. I just didn`t find the edge over jetseal109 or fk1000p.

Street5927
05-21-2011, 08:09 PM
street5927, why dont you like the performance wax from 3m? i find it great for cheap and fast waxing after minor to medium detailings if the customer wants to spend less than i charge for my other 2 favorites; sonax carnauba and meguiars synth wax.

also works like a fast glaze by filling minor scratches wich usually isnt easy to find on the european market. (even meguiars products are hard to find wich you can find almost anywhere in the US)

(obviously there are some variations as we are all just humans. someone likes a product more maybe cause his technique works great with that same product while someone else hates it cause he uses a different method...)

i can already see that this is a great thread. gz to the starter of it. i may be learn something new.

I didnt like the way it looked after removing. I think all the filling properties made it look too "greasy"

dogma
05-23-2011, 03:09 AM
I like

Cleakote`s RMG/CMW & QS

Prima`s Amigo/ Banana Gloss /Hydro & Slick

Vics Chaos & QD

Optimums, ONR ( all time Fav ) , OS & OCW

Zaino Z5 & Z8

not like

Werkstatt line

Aquawax ( all time most dissapointing product)

Vics red added nothing

Naviwax all hype

spotter
05-23-2011, 10:00 AM
QEW/ONR Blown away with first time use of QEW (however, I have been using ONR the last 5 years).

OptiCoat - It has only been 9+ months but I just can`t get over the durability....I haven`t seen the first sign of diminishing protection.

Disappointments

Only my inability to quit buying products when the one`s I have work great.

Scottwax
05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Forgot a couple products that greatly impressed me beyond what I expected

Clearkote`s Quikshine. Easy on and off, decent cleaning power and gives a great RainX effect without streaking and it lasts a lot longer.

Optimum Power Clean. Hands down the best ACP I`ve ever used. At 3:1 it will safely clean leather and still has enough oomph for engine and wheel cleaning.