PDA

View Full Version : A person online reccomended Rejex. Has anyone here tried it? Any thoughts?

Pages : [1] 2

corvetteman
05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Amazon.com: Corrosion Technologies Rejex 16OZ Car Wax: Home Improvement (http://www.amazon.com/Corrosion-Technologies-Rejex-16OZ-Car/dp/B0006V0LNY)

RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine! (http://www.rejex.com/)

Dan
05-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I have some, I have yet to use it, I purchased it on impulse, but from the legitimate reviews I read, no one seemed to think it was any better than any other sealant they had used and most did not care for the plasticy look. I think a lot of hype comes from the crowd that had used low end products and to them, a decent sealant probably is amazing.

corvetteman
05-15-2011, 08:11 PM
I have some, I have yet to use it, I purchased it on impulse, but from the legitimate reviews I read, no one seemed to think it was any better than any other sealant they had used and most did not care for the plasticy look. I think a lot of hype comes from the crowd that had used low end products and to them, a decent sealant probably is amazing.

I read several positive reviews but many sounded similar to what you just said. I think I will pass on it. :)

imported_dirtdiggler
05-16-2011, 06:24 AM
visit the rejex website for a free sample..

corvetteman
05-16-2011, 10:41 AM
visit the rejex website for a free sample..

I looked but didnt see one. Might be worth a try if I could find it.

kakeuter
05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
I like Rejex for use on wheels, my wheels are smooth as glass after using it. Going to do durability testing on our work truck in the coming weeks.

-Kody-

Dan
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Finally got around to trying out my bottle of Rejex. I did half the car with Rejex and 1/2 with FK1000P. Some notes:

-Rejex was MUCH easier to work with. I have one of the hard cans of FK1000P and its not very easy to use. Rejex is one of the easiest products I`ve used. Similar to Poxy, goes on easy, comes off even easier.

-Initially FK1000P felt more slick, but after about 24 hours, Rejex was much more slick.

-FK1000P has a deep, deep glassy look. Good shine, but nothing over the top

-Rejex looks very plasticky, maybe more so than DG111 (and the old Z2). Lots of shine, lots of shimmer, I like it.

pmnewton
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
I use it only on my wheels. It seems to hold up nice and after driving over some freshly paved roads the tar just fell off.

tom p.
10-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Dan, I`ve done some work with REJEX on different areas of my cars. While it does initially look great and feel very slick, it doesn`t last. That`s been my experience. Within a couple of weeks, it`s left me wanting for something more.

maxepr1
10-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Corvetteman, I have been using Rejex for a few years now and love it! All my details get Rejex on the door shuts and wheels. I have used it on paint and it seems the lighter colors it works better on. Whites in particular. Door shuts don`t get direct sunlight so it seems to last a long time! And cleaning door shuts after application is even easier! Wheels clean easier with just a pressure washer, but once chemicals are added to rims the protection qualities are reduced.

Dan
10-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I`ve gathered the slickness wears off within a month. Given the reports, I was surprised it lasted past a rainstorm, I was figuring it was just sitting on top of the paint. Any issues with etching/bonding of crap?

tom p.
10-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Any issues with etching/bonding of crap?

No, none that I`ve noted over time. You will see that the initial slickness is pretty much gone after 1 or 2 washes.

I think #845 might be a better direct comparison from the viewpoint of effort expended. And it holds up much better than the Rejex. Might not have that initial gloss or slickness, but the Collinite will still be on duty months later.

DM101
10-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Works great on my chrome rims !!

Woody Wax
10-20-2011, 05:43 PM
I`ve been using it on wheels for quite a while and have been very happy with it. Also looks very nice on silvers and must say I havn`t had to much issue getting 2-3 months

Cheers Daniel

dervdave
10-21-2011, 06:11 AM
I first bought and used Rejex over 5yrs ago and found it nowt special at all, certainly not up to the hype at the time