PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Gold Class and Walmart

Pages : [1] 2

STL WRX
05-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Has Walmart stopped carrying MGC? I noticed last night they had no place on the shelf for it anymore.

If so what would be a good replacement wash because thats all I have used since 2005.

Legacy
05-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Have you tried COSTCO?
Has Walmart stopped carrying MGC? I noticed last night they had no place on the shelf for it anymore.

If so what would be a good replacement wash because thats all I have used since 2005.

extrabolts
05-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Find a local carquest and get a gallon of Duragloss 902. It will cost more, but keep in mind that you will get 128 oz v. the 64 oz gold class. I think its a much better shampoo too. If carquest doesn`t have it in stock, they`ll get you a jug of it the next day no shipping charges - just ask.

Dan
05-15-2011, 08:02 PM
All my costco has is TW stuff that is made to look like GC.

STL WRX
05-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Friend of mine that works at another walmart said they have deleted the item and he brought me the last 3 jugs of MGC wash at $4.00 ea. So these 3 jugs will last me quite possibly the rest of the year. :)

The only other place I would know to look is Advance Auto or Kmart. We don`t have a Costco in my town or anything like a Target... just 2 Walmarts, a Kmart, 2 Advance Autos and a NAPA. :tsk:

smokinfastlegen
05-15-2011, 11:29 PM
if this is the case i have to check out their clearance price for this stuff. Sad to see them stop, but much of the car wash stuff i see at walmart never moves off the shelf.

Dan
05-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Friend of mine that works at another walmart said they have deleted the item and he brought me the last 3 jugs of MGC wash at $4.00 ea. So these 3 jugs will last me quite possibly the rest of the year. :)

The only other place I would know to look is Advance Auto or Kmart. We don`t have a Costco in my town or anything like a Target... just 2 Walmarts, a Kmart, 2 Advance Autos and a NAPA. :tsk:

Move on over to the Duragloss stuff, its a better product and still available locally.

Junebug
05-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Agree - Duragloss! I recently tried some Megs Hyper Wash from the detailers line and it`s ok, but I won`t be buying it again.

pwd
05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
if this is the case i have to check out their clearance price for this stuff. Sad to see them stop, but much of the car wash stuff i see at walmart never moves off the shelf.

My local walmart had it down to $3.

STL WRX
05-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Move on over to the Duragloss stuff, its a better product and still available locally.

I`ll see if any local retailers carry it...

Dan
05-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I`ll see if any local retailers carry it...

Carquest usually has it in the smaller sizes and can get the bigger jugs. Grab some DG AquaWax while you are at it.

Kean
05-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Another vote for Duragloss CWC. I have used both and I prefer DG CWC by comparison. It`s what I use as my "go to" car wash soap today.

Scottwax
05-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Target still carries Gold Class.

Inzane
05-18-2011, 01:44 PM

So you`re talking about the gold class car wash soap, not the wax, right?

Have you tried meg`s NXT wash? Its still one of my favorites and I think I like it better than GC.

akimel
05-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Have you tried meg`s NXT wash? Its still one of my favorites and I think I like it better than GC.

Unfortunately, the NXT is even more difficult to find locally than the Gold Class. NXT cleans very well and rinses off nicely.

If one is trying to score car wash locally, by all means try to find Duragloss 901. Some stores will order it for you.

At the moment I have just started using the Griot`s Shampoo, on the recommendation of Accumulator. Too early yet for me to make a judgment on it.

Megs` Ultimate Wash & Wax seems to have replaced the Gold Class at most retail stores. This is a shame. I have not been impressed with the product.

Another product you might want to consider trying is Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash. It reminds me a bit of NXT. It worked well for me and I have no complaints.