PDA

View Full Version : opti-seal....whats as good but cheaper?

dazco
05-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Someone gave me a sample of opti-seal and i was blown away at how well it protected against birdcrap. A quick shot of a hose and a baked on turd the size of a baseball (no exaggeration!) came right off instantly. I`m not particularly interested in a great look, just protection because i am forced to park in a place where birds dump on the car daily and a LOT. (don`t ask...i CAN`T move)

That said, i`d prefer not to pay $25 for a 8 oz bottle. Is there any sealer you know of thats considerably cheaper and will protect as well? Thanks

EDIT: coincidentally, after i posted this a ad on the page appeared for something called HD poly seal thats 32oz for the same price ! Hows that stuff at protection compared to opti-seal? (remember, looks doesn`t matter to me)

imported_mobenzowner
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Considering how many applications you get from an 8 oz bottle of opti-seal, I dont know if hardly anything is actually cheaper. It also has a long shelf life.

BIGDAVE
05-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax. A big 15oz. tin (enough to last a lifetime) for $15.99 at Autogeek. Looks great (and keeps it`s looks for a long time) and sheds dirt...and bird bombs...really well. Very durable with two coats (applied a week apart) and easy to use if applied very thin.

Scottwax
05-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Considering how many applications you get from an 8 oz bottle of opti-seal, I dont know if hardly anything is actually cheaper. It also has a long shelf life.

:werd: Should get 50+ applications.

Plus its resistance to bird bomb damage makes the $25 price peanuts compared to what a repaint costs.