PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a good bumper scratch repairer

sleepyx637
05-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi,

I have a jet black bmw and I recently scratched my front bumper on a really high parking block. The scratch is about 4-5 inches long and 1/8 of an inch wide. It`s approximately 2 inches up from the bottom of the bumper, and so it`s visible from most angles.

I`m a complete novice at repairs, and my only experience has been with touch-up paints, which end up being blotchy and uneven. (I realize you have to wet sand it down and polish, but I don`t have the skill for that). Therefore, I`m looking for someone who could repair this for me. This is my only car and I can`t leave it at a body shop. Can you guys recommend someone that performs mobile repairs or a reputable body shop that can handle this while I wait? I`m in the Los Angeles (San Gabriel Valley) area. Thanks so much.

David Fermani
05-02-2011, 10:05 PM
No Body Shop can repair this while you wait. There are tons of "Lot Lizards" that can do a decent sub-par job in a few hours(or less), but if you value quality I`d avoid this route all together. It should only take a Body Shop 2 days to complete this repair. Rental for 2 days is pretty cheap. You`re looking at between $400-500 for the repair.

SpoiledMan
05-19-2011, 10:13 PM
I can recommend someone if you haven`t taken care of this already.

Envious Eric
05-19-2011, 10:49 PM
chris, who can you recommend? I need someone for a person who called me today who lives in the long beach area...closer to LA than to my other guy in Huntington beach

pm me if necessary

SpoiledMan
05-19-2011, 10:55 PM
David www.sosdent.com in Santa Monica.