PDA

View Full Version : Beading/Sheeting Test: FK1000p vs HD Poxy

gtpaul
04-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Hood was prepped, FK1000p applied to left side, HD Poxy applied to right.

Both left to cure for 30 minutes.

Immediate differences after wiped off:

HD Poxy came off a lot easier and surface felt slicker.

You tube video of test:

YouTube - Fk1000p (Left) vs HD Poxy (Right) (http://youtu.be/tXmDMGGlg8U?hd=1)

Results:

HD Poxy beads were slightly tighter but sheeting and beading overall were nearly identical. When panel was flushed HD Poxy side shed more water (few drops left on Fk1000p side)

Will retest down the road

Accumulator
04-30-2011, 12:19 PM
gtpaul- Everybody here knows how big a FK1000P fan I am, but I hear nothing but good stuff about the HD Poxy.

Does it "change" while it cures the way FK1000P does? Are you gonna use more than one application?

gtpaul
04-30-2011, 12:32 PM
I`ve been using FK1000p solely on my car for the past 2 months and beading has fallen off a bit. I know a second coat would go a long ways.

Initially HD Poxy is slicker, FK1000p is slicker if boosted by FK425.

I may do a second coat of both next week to boost initial findings.

This was my first time using Poxy so I can`t comment on additional slickness after it has cured. Plus it rained immediately after lol.

extrabolts
04-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey thanks for the post! Please update in 6 weeks or so after a couple / few washes. I`ve found that pretty much everything beads and sheets great just after application, the real test comes after it has been on there for a while.

gtpaul
04-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey thanks for the post! Please update in 6 weeks or so after a couple / few washes. I`ve found that pretty much everything beads and sheets great just after application, the real test comes after it has been on there for a while.

I will do so.

I will add a second coat to both halves on Monday and begin the durability test from there.

David Fermani
05-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Nice little video. You can tell the driver side of the hood sheets water a little faster. So far I`ve been very pleased with POXY. Please keep us updated on your test.

imported_Picus
05-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Second coat, imo. :) Do it, you know you want to!

imported_Bence
05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Watching the new vid, both are surprisingly slow for me...

imported_fastcar
05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Have used the Poxy many times. The problem is I usually go over my car every month so. I dont get to see its true longevity. Obsessed? Maybe a little. :becky:

Look forward to your report after the second application!

imported_fastcar
05-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Opps, just noticed you had a second 4 day video.

Didn`t know that the Fk1000p was a hard paste wax. Would be pretty amazing if the Poxy stands up close to it.

Accumulator
05-05-2011, 11:20 AM
..Didn`t know that the Fk1000p was a hard paste wax..

It`s more like a "kinda-hard paste sealant" even though the tin says "Hi Temp Paste Wax".

The stuff in my last tin was a little softer than the previous one too.

gtpaul
05-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Hey guys,

I posted the second video which was 4 days after the 1st application, beading remained about the same, but sheeting slowed.

YouTube - Fk1000p (Left) vs. HD Poxy (Right) Test - 4 days (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w48fSftGtgw)

Now, following that video I reapplied a coat to each side. Fk on the left, Poxy on the right. 4 days after (yesterday) I did beading and sheeting tests.

FK1000p beaded very good, FK1000p sheeted really quick (5 seconds or so to fall off it`s half) Poxy on the otherhand seemed to not take well to that second coat. Beading was not as accurate as FK1000p and sheeting slowed massively. Video to come.

I love Poxy, in regards to application and looks but these quick tests aren`t making me too happy.

The second coat of FK1000p really woke it up, as you guys mentioned.

imported_sal329
05-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I like FK a lot I have wanted to try Poxy so I look forward to updates as they come thank you