PDA

View Full Version : What do you use in your foammaster gun?

Marc Hufnagel
04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
If I can ask, what do you use in your foammaster gun, and to what measurements? Just been experimenting and what comes out just seems really thin.

chris03tl
04-25-2011, 06:54 AM
On my sit outside daily drivers that I barely wash, Ill use RainX foaming wash. Its not too bad, and cheap enough that I dont really measure. Ill put maybe 1/4" of it in the bottle then spray some water in it to foam it up before using it on the vehicle.

For my garage queen/everyOtherDayDriver I used Chem Guys citrus wash (daily). You can use it at different dilution levels, I believe there is a post around here (this is a start: http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/110985-gilmour-shampoo-test.html although I like the one without the "gloss" because I dont want anything added to the car) somewhere explaining exactly how much soap you need vs what setting you leave the foam gun on (assuming you have the adjustable model). I have Dodo Juice born to be mild sitting at home as well, once the car is finally ready to my liking Ill only be using very very mild things like that. BTBM is supposed to foam well, and it doesnt require very much at all to do a whole car.

EDIT: found the chart I was looking for. WITH CREDIT TO DETAILED IMAGE, here it is: MY350Z.COM Forums - View Single Post - Gilmour Foam Gun/Chemical Guys Citrus Wash (http://my350z.com/forum/6790579-post3.html)

JohnZ3MC
04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
DP Extreme Foam shampoo. 1 - 2 oz per bottle. Huge foam, great lubricity. As for settings, I play around from 3 - 5 just because I`m bored but if I was extremely frugal with the Extreme foam, I`d probably keep it on 2. When I flip it to 5 and the foam is squirting out and covering the car and shrubs nearby, I feel like a bit of a rebel.

Accumulator
04-25-2011, 01:41 PM
What I use might be completely wrong for sombody else as I`m using it to "flush the wash medium clean" rather than using it for a foamy presoak. But anyhow...

I mix up a gallon of concentrate- six ounces Griot`s Car Wash and the rest water. I fill the foamgun from that and use the three or four strongest settings depending on what is called for.