PDA

View Full Version : Best AIO that will not stain trim

Pages : [1] 2

Jpostal
04-24-2011, 05:41 PM
I currently have a promo that I am running that includes an all-in-one on the exterior...it has proved to be very popular and is keeping me busy. I am currently using Pinnacle XMT 360 as my AIO because it claims it will not stain trim (saves time on taping off trim). I like how easy it is to apply and wipe off but I am looking for something with a bit more cut. Any suggestions on an AIO with reasonable cut (applied via PC) that will not stain trim and is reasonably priced?

Thomas Dekany
04-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Never used an aio that stained. Most cut may come from Poli Seal from Optimum. Use with an orange pad. Looks beautiful too.

Dan
04-24-2011, 08:04 PM
FK215 or ZAIO. ZAIO is more durable but FK215 has great cut and finishes out as good as most finishing polishes..

nosbusa1700
04-24-2011, 11:45 PM
I used Zaino (AIO) on all of my trim a while back. It removed the water spots that had gotten baked on the trim. I used a terry cloth and some elbow grease and took care of the spots.

Good luck.

Jpostal
04-25-2011, 02:04 PM
The AIO`s that I have used that stain are bulk products (Carbrite). I think Poli Seal is what I will try next. I might order a bottle of Poorboys Polish with Sealant too for comparison.

Accumulator
04-25-2011, 02:18 PM
I used Zaino (AIO) on all of my trim a while back. It removed the water spots that had gotten baked on the trim. I used a terry cloth and some elbow grease and took care of the spots.

Good luck.

I`d be a little careful about what you use ZAIO on. I typically use KAIO on the black plastic parts of my Audis` sideview mirrors (OK, not really "trim", but similar IMO) and the ZAIO`s seemingly mild abrasives marred the [crap] out of them. I had to get out some "real polishes" to fix the damage before redoing with KAIO.

..FK215 has great cut and finishes out as good as most finishing polishes..

No staining? I`ve never tried FK215, don`t really know anything about it... :think:

Never used an aio that stained...

Autoglym SRP can do it, but yeah I still like the stuff anyhow.

mikenap
04-25-2011, 02:34 PM
The AIO`s that I have used that stain are bulk products (Carbrite). I think Poli Seal is what I will try next. I might order a bottle of Poorboys Polish with Sealant too for comparison.

PoliSeal has mild abrasives too, be careful with it, but report back if it works!

Jpostal
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Ordered some poli-seal so hopefully it will be what I am looking for. I also ordered Optimum compound II for the first time. I have always used M105 so I am curious to try something new. Would poli-seal be a good follow up after compounding or will a middle step be required?

imported_sal329
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Poli Seal does not have much cut but it is a great cleaner. I like Meg D151 not sure how long the protection last as I always top with something easy like Opt Car Wax or Opti Seal

Jpostal
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
D151 will not stain trim? I assumed it would, I guess next order I will get a gallon of that for my dealer cars.

imported_sal329
04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
D151 has not stained any trim for me but I am carefull to not get it on textured trim just in case

Junebug
04-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Nobody mentioned Klasse? really!

MrCLRider
04-30-2011, 10:18 PM
With the right pad Poli-seal is a great AIO.

Klasse is another great AIO, its just so runny though. I tend to make a mess with it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Accumulator
05-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Nobody mentioned Klasse? really!

Well, I kinda mentioned it in passing...

I`d be a little careful about what you use ZAIO on. I typically use KAIO on the black plastic parts of my Audis` sideview mirrors (OK, not really "trim", but similar IMO) and the ZAIO`s seemingly mild abrasives marred the [crap] out of them. I had to get out some "real polishes" to fix the damage before redoing with KAIO.

ChevyFan
09-07-2011, 03:18 AM
I really have become a fan of klasse AIO. It does a great job, and no need to tape trim because it works awesome for black trim. I had some badly sun damaged trim and it made it look new again. Still looks a deep black 6 months later. Its a little thin and tends to splatter. ( Maybe poor technique on my part though ). The way I fixed that is to rub it in good with the polisher off and then start at a low speed. Beautiful results though. Got rid of water spots that were baked on for a few months, and even got rid of some swirls. I only used the LC white pad... Just my 2 cents... Wish it was a little cheaper, but its not too bad on the wallet for the results I got. It is also perfect to use after meguiars ultimate compound.