PDA

View Full Version : Found this `cool" thread on another non-detailing site (pun intended)

cptzippy
04-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Anyone try Ice/Cold Waxing? - Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing/566759-anyone-try-ice-cold-waxing.html)

Ice Waxing? Hadn`t heard that one before but I`m sure there`s lots I haven`t heard before.

AlexRuiz
04-24-2011, 12:18 AM
seems that is just "spit shining" optimized ;)

Accumulator
04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
seems that is just "spit shining" optimized ;)

Right, it`s his version of spit-shining. Nice that he`s presenting it there as I suspect a lot of people aren`t familiar with it. With everything so sealant-centric these days, spit-shining probably isn`t as well-known as it once was (but gee, don`t people spit-shine their dress shoes?).

I`d be careful with that "leave the panel misted" part depending on which wax you`re using, e.g., might not be a good idea with #16 even with cold, distilled water :think:

Greg Nichols
04-24-2011, 10:04 PM
When I use Vintage on a car I use a similar method, it seems to make a different look and set the wax better (durable). I`ve guess I`m now old school.....LOL

Cheers,

GREG

Accumulator
04-25-2011, 02:20 PM
When I use Vintage on a car I use a similar method, it seems to make a different look and set the wax better (durable). I`ve guess I`m now old school.....LOL

Yeah, I`ve heard a few Vintage-fans say that. Some waxes respond great to such stuff, with others it`s pretty much a waste of time (well, IMO) at least looks-wise.

Dr. Woo
04-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Only one photo? That`s kind of lame.

I apply OCW to each panel after using ONR, before drying. ONR, quick OCW spritz, then first drying pass with first towel, then second drying pass with second towel. Sort of similar, but without the weeklong obsession that may or may not help with your chosen wax.