PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Repair

08xB
04-21-2011, 09:10 AM
I have been tossing around the idea of getting into windshield chip/crack repair as an add-on service. My wife`s Uncle has been doing it for 25+ years and is willing to teach me the in`s and out`s. It`s about $1K for a good set of tools and resins. I think it would be a great investment and an additional profit center.

Anyone else here currently offering this service? If so, what have your experiences been?

Brad B
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Scheduling with regular details may be the hardest part. Many glass chip customers get same day service at their location. Tough to compete with windshield only services.

Austin M detail
07-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I started offering repairs back in 06, about 6 months after I started my detailing business, I think it`s well worth the investment, just as long as you`re willing to put some effort into it to Make it work for you.

It`s a nice service to have as an add-on or up sell.

I have generated a minimum of $10 to $15k annually in extra income from repairs, so you do the math.

My 2 cents.....

ray6
06-22-2012, 01:37 PM
You might consider doing headlight restoration also.

ray6

C. Charles Hahn
06-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Scheduling with regular details may be the hardest part. Many glass chip customers get same day service at their location. Tough to compete with windshield only services.

Agreed. There`s a guy here who sits in the Sears parking lot with a pop-up tent and all he does all day is fix chipped windshields -- free out of pocket as long as the customer has glass coverage on their insurance.

ray6
07-09-2012, 08:48 AM
No experience with windshield repair, but many of our headlight restoration service providers also do windshield repair, especially on used car lots.

ray6

Dan C
07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
easy up sale when you already are washing there car/truck!