PDA

View Full Version : Tarminator OTC?

kakeuter
04-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Where do you guys get your Tarminator?

I was hoping to find a place locally that sells it instead of always paying shipping on it.

Thank you.

-Kody-

akimel
04-17-2011, 09:55 PM
My local NAPA store ordered a couple of cans for me. They got it in in two days.

BigAl3
04-17-2011, 10:47 PM
i get mine at kragen (oreilly`s) and IIRC it was $4.99...

Lonnie
04-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Local NAPA Auto stores here in Northeast Wisconsin carries them at a cost of $5.99 plus sales tax.

By the way, it seems that these cans "only" have 10 ounces (by weight?) in them, while a can of of the SAME size of Invisible Glass has 19 ounces in it.

I thought I was getting ripped off. So when you pick it up and it seems half full, IT IS! Not sure why Stoner`s does that.

It`s not cheap when compared to WD-40 for removing tar, but it is a lot safer for car finishes. WD-40 can creep into seams and reportedly soften paints if left to dwell for extended periods of time. That has NOT been my experience, but why risk it on your own car or worse, a client`s car.

ten39
04-18-2011, 09:11 AM
I get it at O`Reilly.

And personally, I`ve found that Tarminator - depending on the surface - can be quite aggressive. It`s sort of a last resort type of product for me.

vaboom123
04-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Local NAPA Auto stores here in Northeast Wisconsin carries them at a cost of $5.99 plus sales tax.

By the way, it seems that these cans "only" have 10 ounces (by weight?) in them, while a can of of the SAME size of Invisible Glass has 19 ounces in it.

I thought I was getting ripped off. So when you pick it up and it seems half full, IT IS! Not sure why Stoner`s does that.

It`s not cheap when compared to WD-40 for removing tar, but it is a lot safer for car finishes. WD-40 can creep into seams and reportedly soften paints if left to dwell for extended periods of time. That has NOT been my experience, but why risk it on your own car or worse, a client`s car.

Which Napa do you usually go to Lonnie? I shop at the east side one on Main. I don`t know if I`ve seen it there or not?? I thought you lived on the west side?