PDA

View Full Version : Opti Coat 2.0

frito
04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Worth the hassle/risk?

I have thought strongly about it but I am a bit worried about difficulty of application and result. I am not super super picky but I just worry it will come out poor with my certifiable hack skill level.

Any thoughts?

cptzippy
04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
I ordered some but not totally sure I`m going to apply it this go round for the exact same reasons you stated. That said, I was more assured after reading some post on the optimum forums. One post there described the application exactly like optiseal.

Chris@Optimum
04-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Worth the hassle/risk?

I have thought strongly about it but I am a bit worried about difficulty of application and result. I am not super super picky but I just worry it will come out poor with my certifiable hack skill level.

Any thoughts?

It`s easier to apply and takes less time than paste or liquid wax so theres no "hassle" and you can remove it in an hour by polishing/compounding so theres no "risk". Just get a good light to check your work with and go to work.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

chris03tl
04-14-2011, 07:22 AM
I ordered some but not totally sure I`m going to apply it this go round for the exact same reasons you stated. That said, I was more assured after reading some post on the optimum forums. One post there described the application exactly like optiseal.

I think that was a valid worry with the pro-only version and its very fast setup time, but with the consumer version I think 30 minutes is plenty of time to "get it right". Even if you do one panel, take a break, do another panel, etc.

Im considering doing it myself instead of having a detailer do it, but my big thing is making the car is as close to perfect (swirl free) as I can get it, and making sure I get everything off the surface of the paint without adding more marring.

frito
04-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Ordered!

Does one apply this to plastic surfaces as well (painted and unpainted) as I have for opti-seal?

THANKS!