PDA

View Full Version : too lazy to search....

nonsensez9
04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
I haven`t been surfing the forum all winter and now it`s time to get my car ready for summer. I`m still diggin` Ultimate Compound and Swirl-X and have lots of it, but I`m curious about any new and improved otc sealant/waxes. Is clay still the best prep or has it been replaced? What`s new for interior plastics? thanks

jl114
04-08-2011, 12:09 AM
OTC? Megs recently released a new sealant, ultimate wax. Have not seen it in Canada yet.

Clay + polishing still key prep procedure, there is a new step some people like to introduce now prior to claying, carpro ironx decontamination.

The new flavor seems to be coating protection with excellent durability, opti-coat, carpro cquartz etc...

Accumulator
04-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I haven`t been surfing the forum all winter and now it`s time to get my car ready for summer. I`m still diggin` Ultimate Compound and Swirl-X and have lots of it...

Maybe try those with the new Meguiar`s MF pads.

... but I`m curious about any new and improved otc sealant/waxes..

I`m pretty much all about FK1000P these days. Some of the trim sealaints (Ultima, C4) are great. Then there`s the new OptiCoat stuff.

Is clay still the best prep or has it been replaced?

Clay is still great for what it can do.

What`s new for interior plastics?

Unless you want the shiny-dressed look, I`d just use Meguiar`s Interior QD.

nonsensez9
04-13-2011, 07:34 PM
OTC? Megs recently released a new sealant, ultimate wax. Have not seen it in Canada yet.

I`ve seen Ultimate Polish at Can.Tire. Meg`s site seems to indicate that it is more glaze than polish, though. curious