PDA

View Full Version : Wax for black 2011 Ford GT500

jiperri
04-06-2011, 07:02 AM
I just got a new black 2011 GT500 and was wondering what the best wax would be to use on it. Any suggestions on a good wax I can apply manually would be appreciated.

tom p.
04-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi, welcome aboard! Is this car a daily driver? What sort of condition is the surface in ? Any dealer-installed damage that needs correction?

MNRXguy
04-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I use Blackfire Wet Diamond as a basecoat then top it off with Dodo Juice Supernatural on my metallic gray Lexus and dark red Corvette and have had unbelievable results. But as always, the prep work is just as important. Make sure you have all the surface contaminants cleaned off before you start. Good luck.

Hollywood*
04-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Post pictures when you get her waxed up!

Legacy
04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Just because it`s a new car doesn`t mean that it was preped right. Prep work is the most important thing to get the best shine. If the prep work is done properly nothing looks good on black like Pinnacle Souveran. It`s a beauty wax and won`t last very long (1-2 months)

Scottwax
04-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose looks terrific on black and the durability is pretty good. Of course, none of that matters much if you are applying it over swirls, scratches and bonded contaminants.

jrock817
04-07-2011, 07:28 PM
carnuba moose does look awesome, i have a black 03 cobra... i have used a few products to try different results. i really like menzerna powerlock, i love klasse all in one (this leaves an almost "candy shell" coating as some have coined the term). i also had natty blue, and various other OTC waxes. personally i like sealants on the black, it really makes them pop... i hear good things about supernatural, but just havent found the need to stray from my current regiment to try it yet. the most important thing is to keep it swirl free, and having ford black is not easy!

D_Nyholm
04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I started eibach pinnacle souveran and recently switched to wolfgang fuzion on my black Porsche. The car just sparkles more and looks darker to me. Maybe not wetter, but more black. It also lasts a decent amount of time, I`d say twice as long as the souveran, though I was so used to waxing once a month for the fun of it, I never had the souveran die off.