PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique on Coated Leather = Awesome

AuAltima3.5
04-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I had done quite a bit of searching about using Leatherique on coated leather. My car has coated leather (G35) and almost every post I saw, except for an LHS with coated leather, were all about leatherette or uncoated leather.

After much searching, contemplating, and pondering I sprung for the kit with the Rejuvenator Oil, Pristine Clean, brush and MF stuff off of amazon.

First, I didn`t let the Rej Oil sit for days and days in a hot car. I let it sit for 6 hours in the sun in 70*F ambient temps.

I removed with the Pristine Clean and am AMAZED. The leather looks factory fresh, minus some bolster wear. It has a perfect matte finish. It smells great, but it is still a little tacky. The Rej Oil got very tacky and really needs another round of Pristine clean to get it all off.

My leather had alot of grime in cracks and it got all of this out. I`m convinced letting it sit longer would have only conditioned the leather more. It got rid of the cardboard feeling on the rear headrests, too.

So, coated leather owners - if you are wondering - leatherique does work on coated leather. At least it did for me. I`m never going back to the two step cleaner/conditioners after using this stuff. It may be pricey, but it functions wonderfully.

Happy Cleaning!

Sorry, no before/afters. I will try to round up an after pic soon.

tom p.
04-04-2011, 09:36 AM
I

So, coated leather owners - if you are wondering - leatherique does work on coated leather.

Of course it does :) And I suspect all mainstream autos today have "coated" leather.

Leatherique is a serious product and I think some won`t have the patience to make it work and enjoy the success you (and I) have seen. Applying it and permitting it to dwell for a number of hours is the key to getting a real benefit from it. Some have not figured this out.

BTW, some of the before/after shots shared by others here have been nothing short of a small miracle in terms of restoring trashed leather.

Enjoy.

disclaimer: George at Leatherique has never compensated me for my endorsement of his products .. but he could if he wanted to :D

Striker
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
What if you have a brand new car with clean leather and simply wanna condition it and preserve it. Is this something we can use as well? (new car owners)

spotter
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
IME if you can apply it in hot weather 80+ (90 is better) and leave it sitting in the sun for a day it will do remarkable wonders on old coated leather. Going a 2nd round with the Pristine Clean the next day really helps with the tackiness. Patience with this product is necessary or you won`t be happy with the money spent.

imported_DetailDan
04-05-2011, 02:45 PM
What if you have a brand new car with clean leather and simply wanna condition it and preserve it. Is this something we can use as well? (new car owners)

Leather Masters or LTT Solutions.

Striker
04-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Leather Masters or LTT Solutions.

Saw the LM kit at autogeek, comes with some applicators and a brush. What do you think, or just the conditioner itself?

pushtiulk
04-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Even it`s a brand new car, you can use the entire leatherique treatment. Or if you don`t want to wait, you can use only Prestine Clean once per month and it`s enough.

chris03tl
04-30-2011, 02:27 PM
I had my (basically) brand new leather done up with leatherique. its Monaco Red leather from Infiniti, and the Leatherique actually made it look even better....more of a richer/deeper red than it started. Very happy with the leatherique system (I didnt do it myself, had it done by a detailer.......instead of the garbage bag method he uses small bowls of water and a space heater inside the car....turns it into a mini greenhouse like Leatherique suggests)

David Fermani
05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I had my (basically) brand new leather done up with leatherique. its Monaco Red leather from Infiniti, and the Leatherique actually made it look even better....more of a richer/deeper red than it started. Very happy with the leatherique system (I didnt do it myself, had it done by a detailer.......instead of the garbage bag method he uses small bowls of water and a space heater inside the car....turns it into a mini greenhouse like Leatherique suggests)

What I don`t understand is that you said your leather was brand new, but this product made it look better? I can`t see leather looking better than it ever can when it is new and in its healthiest state ever? What you`ve indicated is that Leatherique has altered the look. Not sure if I like that? By richer, do you mean shinier?

imported_Picus
05-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Not sure I understand that one either. ^^.

I use Rejuv Oil on leather than needs it, and am continually impressed by the results. I haven`t used it on new leather, though. Leather Masters Interior Protection is what I use on new leather.

C. Charles Hahn
05-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Not sure I understand that one either. ^^.

I use Rejuv Oil on leather than needs it, and am continually impressed by the results. I haven`t used it on new leather, though. Leather Masters Interior Protection is what I use on new leather.

Same here, but I use Zaino Z10 leather conditioner on new leather, and leather that has been properly restored.

chris03tl
05-03-2011, 07:05 AM
No, definitely not shinier....its still the same matte look as it was before. To me (maybe a placebo) the red looks....deeper. Slightly darker and less "flat" than it started. It might just be that type of leather, or it could just be me seeing things.

Yes it was a brand new car, but who knows what the dealer put on it before I got there. Either way, *I* feel it looks a tad different but in a good way. It might not be as obvious (or even visible at all) on black or tan leather just because of the nature of those colors.